Saturday, 4 June 2011

A red sunflower?

Typical weekend weather ... it's been schorchio and sunny this past couple of days, but of course its due to cool today and then rain tomorrow.  Grrrr!  My wee 'Irish White' legs (ie almost 'Daz' bluey whiteness!) are destined to remain white, no tan for me!! 

So I thought I'd make a sunny card instead - I remembered I had this pretty High Hopes sunflower in my stash that hadn't seen ink.  Coloured with promarkers; clear gloss added to pot, red petals and bunting, and Diamond Glamour Dust then dropped in to the gloss on the petals and bunting for a bit of sparkle.  Popped the sunflower, leaves and pot up on dimensionals.  Bunting from Practising Creativity and sentiment from Elzybells.  Little bee button and red gems from my stash.  Chalked clouds on sky.

15 comments:

Saskia said...

Lovely, lovely card! :)

Debbie said...

This is fantastic, love the bee and the whole summer scene you created with your clouds.. Great job.

Hugs
Debbie

Linda McClain said...

Oh My! There are so many wonderful things about this card. I love your sky, the banner, the bee, the flower . . . it's all yummy. Thanks for sharing it with us at Catered Crop.

Vee said...

Such a beautiful card.Love all the detail. Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.
xx Vee

coldwaters2 said...

Super card Lynne, love the image, colours and the bunting a lovely job you have done.
Hugs
Lorraine x

katesacraftybugger said...

lovely ! the simplicity of it makes it just stunning ! -Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week.-Kate

Jackie said...

Why not a red sunflower, call it cardmaker's licence. I love it :o)
Jackie xx

Laura Davis said...

Lovely work, so bright & beautiful!
Great take on my sketch.
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Brenda said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love your sky and the lovely dimension you added! That flower pot is gorgeous!

Benzi said...

Oh gosh, Lynne..this is so adorable. I love your Flower Soft greenery and those awesome clouds.
Sorry about that nasty, rainy weather. Maybe it will take a turn for the better soon.

Julie said...

Such a lovely card, fab clouds. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.

Julie W x

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Super cute! Your clouds are perfection and I love the addition of the bunting to help create the elements of the sketch! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work in future challenges!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! So bright and cheery and a great take on the sketch :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So beautiful, love the summer feel.

Unknown said...

Oh'' Lynne I so love this card it's so CAS but yet!! so much detail to if this makes sense lol' I love it and your sky is fabulous Hugs
Sarah x