Sunday, 15 March 2009

High Hopes Blog Challenge #22


This week's High Hopes challenge was to make a card using no patterned papers ... gasp! I do love my papers and just got some new gorgeous Dovecraft papers, so it was hard not to use them! So out came my cuttlebug instead! The green strip has an X and O pattern but my central panel is a bit big for it to be seen clearly. I used some peel off silver strips to edge the pink and green panels; the main image is mounted first on purple paper and then silver card but it doesn't really show up in the photo which turned out quite dark. I also added a silver flower buckle-thing (don't know the proper technical term for it!)
Supplies: High Hopes stamp; pink, green and purple card; silver peel off lines and letters; watercolour pencils; white gel pen; silver flower buckle; cuttlebug embossing folder; ellison embossing folder

8 comments:

Enfys said...

This is just lovely, you did a great job with the challenge. I love your blog header too, I am a westie fan!!
hugs
Enfys x

Nana Diana said...

Very cute card, love the giraffe and the way you used the silver! Thanks for playing in the challenge!! Diana

mueppi said...

Lovely card card with such a cute image and great colouring!
Hugs Gisela

Andrea, said...

Fab card, I love the colours you have used

linnes said...

Cute card, great background with the CB

Unknown said...

Cute!

Becca said...

This is another great card! Isn't the cuttlebug great. You did a great job following the rule of no patterned paper, and the cb paper fills in very nicely. This giraffe is such a cute little guy.

Mary said...

Oh soooooo cute. Love this little guy.