Sunday, 16 August 2009

Happy New Decking!

This card was another one of those very strange requests I get now and then! Its for a friend who's niece has just had new decking put down in her garden and they're having an 'opening night' party (...well any excuse is a good one!)

I used my Magnolia window frame and cut out the central panels, so I would have something 'wooden' on the card! Coloured with copic markers and silver peel offs used for greeting.

Sketch from Sweet Sunday #31

I'm also entering it into this week's Allsorts Challenge Blog #14 - An English Country Garden ... I know I'm stretching it a bit, but where else would you find decking and flowers but in the garden!

I'd also used the colours Chocolate brown, celery and blush blossom for another challenge but forgot to write the blog name down, DUH



10 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Lynne, Great card and I love the green ribbon. I agree you certainly find decking in lots of gardens. Unfortunately we haven't got any lol!

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

Lisa x

Gro said...

Great take on the challenge.
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

Emma said...

hiya lynne firstly thanks for that link on the giraffes its fabby shall have to come up with something now won;t i lol.

your card is fabby so different, and yep looks lilke you got wet over the weekend but at the same time had a great day out hugs x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Lynne.
So beautiful photo,s.

Hugs Riet.x

Jules said...

Hi Lynne

Well done on coming up with such an original take on the challenge.

Great faux stitching too!

Thank you for joining in the fun at Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

Karen said...

Gorjus card Lynne. love that big flower.

Love Karen x

brenda said...

Hi Lynne

What a unique take on my theme this week, absolutely brilliant.

Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Karen Giron said...

What a perfect card for new decking, especially with the wooden frame, very cool! Great job with the sketch this week.

Susan said...

Great card Lynne - any excuse for a party?? Its a new one on me - I thought in our student days we were quite inventive at party excuses but this is a great one!
Made me laugh anyhow!
Thank you for stopping by my blog the other day!
Love and best wishes.
SuzyX

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great fun card for this weeks theme

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx