Sunday, 14 March 2010

"The only reason for being a bee that I know of is making honey..... "

I lost my mojo for ages recently, so I love it when a card comes together!  My little bear/bee is from High Hopes, the honey DP was from some candy I won and the little bee charm has been in my stash for years!  It's so honey-ish that it reminded me of Winnie the Pooh!.... don't ya just love him!

Supplies: Stamp from High Hopes, coloured with watercolours and gold stickles added to honey pot, black stickles to his nose, clear gloss added to wings.  Sentiment from Simon Says.  Martha Stewart punch.  Gold gems.  Dimensionals used on main image.

High Hopes #67 is Flutterbys - winged friends - butterflies, bees, birds, ladybugs, dragons, angels, fairies etc...

Sketch from Carol's Sketch Fun #22

Saturday Spotlight SSHP22 is to be "so slick" as in slick card stock, embellishments, acetate paper, crystal lacquer, etc.   (I used clear gloss on my wings)

Creative Inspirations #51 is Charms

22 comments:

Crystal said...

Lynne this is just WONDERFUl!!! WOW I love the bg it looks awesome with this darling...What a fabulous and cute creation!

Carol said...

Super card Lynne! Fabulous use of my sketch and i love how you've tied in all the embellishments just perfectly and the Bee Bear is so cute too :)
Thanks for playing along...

Hugs
Carol xx

Darlene said...

What a cutie and I love the background paper & charm! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturday Spotlight!

Karen said...

Gorjus gorjus cards Lynne since my last visit. All are fabulous.

Love Karen x

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

Love that little bear!!! Thanks for playing along at High Hopes this week!

Dotty Jo said...

Great card - that mojo is safe and well, although I hadn't noticed it was ever missing! Jo x

Jackie said...

Brilliant card :o)
Jackie xx

Mel said...

aww how sweet is he! Defo found your mojo aagin, although I would say you never ever lost it!! Lovely wee card hunny hee xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! This is just precious!! I really LOVE love love that background you've created!! So fun and colorful!! LOVE all the embellies too!! :) thanks for sharing it with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!!HUGS

Maria Matter said...

omgosh Lynne, that is just too cute!!! love the honey paper, perfect!
blessings, Maria

thanks for joining SSHP this week!

Kath Stewart said...

fabulous card lynne and love that cute bear...hugs kath xxxx

NGCARDS said...

Another cute card :) Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Stampin'Piper said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations!

Hugs Tanja

Janiel/ janny said...

OH this is cute!!! Love the honey bee!!!!!!!
Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.
hugs, Janiel

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

so cute! love your honeycomb and the little bits that you've added!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow,how cute!!I love the image,charm,
and your neat background!!Thanks so much for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!!

dpkennedy said...

Oh that bee is adorable and I love the bg paper! Thanks for playing the High Hopes challenge!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card! I absolutely love it!

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Also meant to add that I thing Ruby is totally adorable!!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh he is a cutie Lynne and I love your colouring, sweet little charm too. Hope you can play again this week, Hugs, Nikki x

Unknown said...

How cute is this!!! Love it!

xoxox

Lacey Stephens said...

And the only reason for making honey is so that I can eat it ~Winnie the Pooh!! I could actually recite that whole movie (although the original novel is a bit different than the Disney version).
Anyway, I love your card! So cute and perfect for our challenge. Thank you so much for playing along with the High Hopes Challenge last week! We have another fun one. I am the host and my challenge is "Hoppy Easter" - make an Easter or Spring Card or use an image with anything that hops! I hope you can play along again!
~Lacey Stephens
www.stampandcreate.com
High Hopes DT