Sunday, 29 January 2012

Sugar Nellie Birthday Girl

It's another perfect day for cardmaking ... its done nothing but rain since we got up this morning!  Wee Ruby is bored silly as she only got out for a very quick walk (she thinks she is made of sugar and will melt in the rain!) and now she's maggoting about and demanding attention!


This card uses a very old Sugar Nellie stamp ... I think I don't use her much as she doesn't have a mouth so I've added one from the Paper Smooches Swanky Snowdudes set!  (...sorry Sugar Nellie!)  I think that's why I only have 1 Magnolia stamp too, their lack of a mouth really bugs me! (....sorry Tilda fans!)

11 comments:

Claire said...

Another lovely card Lynne. Hugs, Claire x

mags said...

Lovely card Lynne. Cute image too. Must admit that I agree with you on the stamps - can't seem to take to the ones where no mouth.
Mags
x

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card Lynne that image is a little cutie, I do love those papers and the design.
hugs
Lorraine x

Shelby said...

Love your layout and the framing up of the image is spot on. Thanks for joining us at MMCS

Shelby

Lilian said...

Your card is daring! It's nice to see older images being loved. I do like her with lips/mouth. She is so much cuter this way :) I like your torn notebook die cut edge (not sure if it's die cut but I do like the look) Thanks of playing in the Sugar Bowl challenge!

Pat said...

Very cute. Thanks for joining Speedy fox and Friends.

Unknown said...

Another fabulous card Lynne, love the colours on here, I know what you mean about the mouth!! I don't have many Tilda's either and maybe that's my reason too... :)
Hugs
Sarah x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Such a cute little image and love the bold colours. Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge this week.
Diane xx

Benzi said...

Ha Well, she can't do much without a mouth...eat, talk, etc. :-) I'm glad you gave her a sweet smile.

Poor Ruby...I can imagine how bored she gets when she can't go out. Maybe you could teach her to hand you the crafting tools as you work. Probably not.

Cute, cute card and I like the spiral punching on the side.

Designing with Debbie said...

Cute card. Such beautiful bright colors. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

Cathy said...

Great card and it is lovely seeing the older Sugars being used.
Thank you for joining in the Sugar Bowl this time.
Cathy xx