Monday, 26 October 2009

Flying Away ....

This was one of those special requests where you just sigh! I was asked to make a card for a girl who's flying off to Prague for her birthday, preferably with an airplane. Of course I don't have ANY stamps or images like that, so I had to do a bit of lateral thinking and remembered this old Snoopy stamp. YEAH! Problem solved! Coloured him with copic markers, added clear stickles to his flying hat and scarf and popped up on dimensionals.

Sketch from Monday Lunchtime Challenge #93 - I had to edit it slightly to get in all my sentiment (made from peel off silver letters)

Peachy Keen challenge #14 is a recipe:
***Make a card
***Use the colors PINK AND BROWN as the main color scheme.
***Use a stamped image (preferably Peachy Keen Stamp - but not required)
***Incorporate a piece of ribbon
***Use some type of glitter (stickles are fine!)

ABC challenge is F is for Flying

11 comments:

Patti J said...

Very cute, Lynne! I'm sure it will be appreciated! I think the ABC challenge this month is F=flying in case you want to enter it there too! Great card!

Saskia said...

Great card! :)

Saskia

Carole Beath said...

Your Snoopy card is just darling. Thank you for stopping by my blog to leave a nice comment.
Carole

Debbie said...

Your friend will love it...

Dotty Jo said...

You just don't see enough Snoopy images these days! Another fabulous card - love Snoopy's sparkly flying hat! Jo x

scrappyjacky said...

This has worked so well....well done on the creative thinking....she'll love it!!!

Jackie said...

Good thinking, lovely card :o)
Jackie xx

Helen said...

Fab card - what a great image!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Helen x

Unknown said...

Fantastic bit of lateral thinking there Lynne. It's a fabulous card and Snoopy is so CUTE!
Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen.
Viv xx

MJ said...

I just LOVE this! How cute. These snoopy images just make me feel good. Great job with this sketch. I love the big bold sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along.

KathyJ Peachy Keen Stamps said...

What a great card! Who wouldn't love Snoopy! He's perfect! Your coloring is great and can totally see the stickles in there. ADORABLE! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Peachy Keen Stamps! :)KathyJ