Saturday, 24 October 2009

JUGS4: 3-d Flower

ETA: I was in the Top 5 at Stampin for the Weekend with this card! And it was also No 2 at Polkadoodle!
This week's challenge at Just Us Girls is to make your own flower - there's a great tutorial on their blog showing how to make tissue paper flowers. Unfortunately I haven't got any tissue so I made mine using the 2 smallest scalloped nesties and inked and curled the edges. Think it looks not too bad for a first attempt!

The Secret Crafter #55 is to use orange and one other colour

Treehouse Thursday #20 is to use embossing - I used my cuttlebug spider's web embossing folder

Copic Buzz challenge #19 is no patterned papers. I got a few new grey's through the post this morning, so this was my first practice trying to achieve the 'black' effect .... I need more practice methinks!

Copic Creations challenge #14 is to use Black as a colour, though I'll have to go back and have another study at their tutorials!

Magnolia-licious Highlites have a challenge to make a clean and simple card.

There's also quite a few spooky / halloween themed challenges this week:
Stampin for the weekend #21
Polkadoodle #23
Creative Inspirations #32
Crafty Creations #38

34 comments:

Neva said...

this is just too cute, thanks for playing along with the Treehouse Thursday challenge

Heidi said...

i stumbled onto your blog from the Just Us Girls Challenge blog and first i love your card. The flower is awesome! Second, I'm loving your westie! I have a westie too named Snowflake so i'm always excited when i see another fellow westie owner :)

Kristin Eberline said...

Oh WOW!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your 3-D flower!! I am going to try this...today maybe ;] So cute and I love how you cut each petal after every other scallop to give the petal ends a unique look. Very clever! Your card is fabulous...I love your zombie (coloring is FANTASTIC!), your spiderweb embossed background and that orange faux stitching! So cute :O)

Thank you for playing along with Just Us Girls this week! Be sure to come back again next week for our Wild Card challenge that I'm hosting - EVERY participant will be a winner ;] You don't want to miss it!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

gorgeous

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

hugs Jane x

Unknown said...

WOW -- this is terrific! I just love that you did a halloween card -- your flower is prefectly 'halloweeny' :) and that you used that dripping goo punch -- you know, I HAD to have that punch LAST YEAR, and have yet to use it. You've inspired me.

Thanks for joining us on the JUGS challenge!

Mona Pendleton said...

GORGEOUS 3-D flower! I agree with Kristin, you are very creative to cut petals! I never would have thought to do that with my scalloped nesties!!! I am lovin' all the detail in this card :) Great way to combine all those challenges!

Thanks so much for playing along with this week's 3-D challenge! I hope to see more of your creations in all the upcoming challenges! Kristin has a real treat next week!

Sammye Jo said...

Such a great card! Thanks for the comment on my blog! I am now a follower of yours :) Good luck in the challenge!!

NGCARDS said...

Such a cute card!
Thanks for joining in at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Stampin2day said...

Wow...love this card! The dripping is amazing and such a creative idea!
Hugs!

Dotty Jo said...

what fun - grey and orange looks amazing together! I was going to go with orange and black but in the end decided to use brown instead. I am still working on my card so will post tomorrow. That flower looks fabulous and I love that goo again! Nice faux stitching too. Jo x

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! I love your flower! So clever! I'll definitely have to give this one a go! And your card is so cute! I love the drippy goo punch (have it...love it!) and your Frankenstein! Too cute! Thanks so much for playing our challenge! Hope to see you again!

P.S. We had a Gordon Setter named Abbey and her AKC registered name was Abbey Dabbey Doo! Your blog name reminded me of her! :-)

AKiteFlier said...

What a GREAT 3d flower. I have tried this before but didn't get the "realistic" look you did - I think it's the inking of all the edges - it's fantastic and a super fun card to boot! Thanks SO much for playing along with Just Us Girls! I hope you had a great time and will join us again next Saturday for a brand new challenge.

scrappyjacky said...

Love the flower....it looks great....may have a go myself.

InkyAndScrappy said...

Your flower looks wonderful. Love the dripping ozzz on the bottom of card. Thanks for playing with CCC this week. Jaime

Nilla said...

I am glad you liked it yourself, because it's stunning, well done! Love the image, so cute, I guess it's suppose to be scary, but for me, so cute, LOL! Fantastic card! Hugs Nilla

Jackie said...

Brilliant card, love the flower :o)
Jackie xx

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations with this beautiful card! So cute... and spooky!!

Boo-oo,
Saskia :)

Claire Phillips said...

Fab and funny Halloween card! Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations! Cheers Claire x

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Lynne this is fantastic! what a super way to make a flower i must have a go at that, it looks brilliant. Love the gooey border too.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

dolcreations said...

This card is awesome! Love that flower you did! I llove the goo punch on the bottom, perfect for this card!
Christine

Kathryn B said...

Hey Lynne I love your card it's adorable!

Polkadoodles said...

Fab projects hun, thanks for joining in at Polka Doodles! x

Jill said...

aww Lynne your card is gorgeous I love the image and the embossing thanks for joining in the fun at scsc hugs Jill xx

Debbie said...

Wow Lynne, great flower,must have taken forever

Andrea M said...

What a fantastic card! I love the colors and the 3D flower :) Great job. Thanks for sharing!

Pam Varnell said...

This is just darling, love it. Thanks for playing along with our challenge over at The Treehouse.

Kerry said...

Like the zombie, he looks a gentle one. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles.

Nancy said...

This is a stunning Halloween card, Lynne:O) Love all about it! The embossing is brilliant, spooky image and the flower is gorgeous.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Wekkend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Tammy said...

This is wonderful Lynne!! I love the background! Thanks for joining us at Copic Buzz and hope to see you again!! Good Luck!!!

Vanja said...

Gorgeous halloween card! I love the colour combo and the embossing. Fabulous image and flower.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! :)
Vanja

Suzanne J Dean said...

Spooky cute--love the contrast of orange, gray & white with that lovely embossing. Thanks for joining in on the CAS challenge w/ us!

hugz,
Suzanne

Tip Top said...

Hehehehe! Great card! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles with this great card... so spooky! :)

Boo-oo!!
Saskia

Claire Phillips said...

Great fun card - thanks for playing at Polkadoodles! Cheers Claire x