Sunday, 21 June 2009

Pink Giraffe!

This week's High Hopes challenge #36 is to use up your scraps - I had the stripey bit and the spotty bit left over in my Papermania 'Sweet Nothings' pile.
Paper pieced the giraffe and hand stitched borders with my lovely embroidery thread - it changes into several shades of pink but doesn't really show in pic.
Added pink dew drops, a pink flower button and some silver peel off letters.
Supplies: stamp from High Hopes

10 comments:

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Lynne beautiful card your stitching is fab! I love these colours with that stamp fab, hugs Pascale

Emma said...

stop stop stop...you are so teasing me today with these giraffe stamps...they are lush!!!! and can't understand why i haven't seen these before lol.

lovely card though lol xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Lynne,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Sunday Sketch and Stamp said...

What a beautiful card, and I love your paper-piecing on the giraffe!

Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp!

Jackie said...

Lovely card, what a cute image :o)
Jackie

Fe-Fe said...

I do love that stamp - he is so cute! Great card too.

Hugs
Fe x

Arianne said...

Love what you did with my sketch!
Great job!

Arianne
SS&S-DT

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Love the paperpieced giraffe! Nice layout and papers and I'm a BIG stitch fan!!

Sunny regards,

Renata

Juls said...

cute card, love the way you have stamped the image on some dotty paper. so sweet!

Barbara said...

What an adorable card, and so is your beautiful Ruby! Terrific take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp.

Barb, DT