Sunday, 29 August 2010

In the forest


It's been a gorgeous day today, nice and sunny and very breezy ... hopefully tomorrow's more of the same for the Bank Holiday and maybe we'll get a wee trip to the seaside! 

This week's challenge at Wee Memories #20 is In the Forest, though thankfully we don't have any of these in Irish forests (....that I know of!)  And it was a great excuse to get out this stamping set that I bought from ebay ages ago and just Had to Have..and paid a small fortune for!

I stamped my kraft BG with big circles in versamark and then stamped the star with brown ink several times before reinking, then cut another few stars out for the embellies in the top corner.  The edge of the image and sentiment are slightly distressed too, but doesn't really show in pic.
Sketch from Unscripted Sketches #70

Cute Card Thursday #127 is no punches or dies

Totally Papercrafts #31 - keep it Clean and Simple

The Corrosive Challenge #79 - one for the boys

CES Challenge #1 - Anything Goes

SUPPLIES
Stamps: Stampin Up 'Under the Stars'
Accessories: copic markers; blue gems; twine; sewing machine; black stickles on nose; dimensionals

24 comments:

dstandard said...

What a fun card - love the stitching and your stars! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Debbie said...

Oh Lynn this is just adorable.. and you sewed and everything... hope you get to go to the seaside tomorrow..If you do enjoy!!!

liza said...

hi lynne lovely card and such a cutie bear,great colouring
love n hugs
liza
xox

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Lynne this bear image is super, great detail on BG and colouring lovely, it was nice today lets hope it's not so breezy tomorrow for you trip to seeside chum
Hugs
Sarah xx

Anonymous said...

This is a fun card. I tried to put comment on some other work from you but it's not working properly.
I read about what's on your work desk. I am more of a coffee girl and wanted to say that i can never finish my cup cos i am so busy crafting!
i hope we have the sun tomorrow as we are going to a fair at a farm, should be fun.
Hugs xx
Pat

coldwaters2 said...

Aw Lynne this is fun that image love so scary lol..love the stars and twine grrreat card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Joey said...

Hiya Lynne

fantastic card and gorgeous layout, I love the paper is it textured it looks almost suedette like in the picture.Thanks for joining us at tpc

Joey.x

Crystal said...

AWWW Lynne I just LOVE this image!!! LOVIN your stitching too!!! Fabby creation!

Linda Beeson said...

That bear is oh so cute, love the star accents and great use of the Unscripted sketch, glad you played along.

Michele Gross said...

Soooo cute! Love that big bear trying to act all scarey ;) Glad you joined us at Wee Memories :)

Anonymous said...

Lynne this is beautiful. I love the stitching and that bear is so beary cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories :)

Court said...

Such a cute bear and I love the 3D stars! Thanks for playing this week at Wee Memories!

Jackie said...

What a fab background, I love the "au natrelle" look, love the card too :o)
Jackie xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card really love that image hes just fab!
Thanks for joining us this week for CES 1st Challenge, hope to see you again next week!!
hugs shell xx

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

Such a fantastic card.Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges and good luck.Elisa.x

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous fun image! Thanks for joining us at CES Challenge - hope to see you there next week! Sheena xx

artfuldelight said...

Oooh, I really like this card. Kraft is my favorite card base. And I love the look of Versamark on Kraft. Great card!!!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Lynne.

Hugs Riet.xx

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Super cute. I like the stitching and twine - adds to the woodsy, rustic feel.

We DO have bears where I live. Sometimes they come very close to our house (we live in the woods) but none are as cute as your bear.

Emma said...

A gorgeous card, love the bear and fab details.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges / Totally Papercrafts and good luck.
Hugs Emma x
www.craftyemmasstore.co.uk

Jinny Newlin said...

This is super cute! I have that stamp set and just don't use it often enough. Thanks for the inspiration!

Laurel said...

So cute, love that image! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories!

SarahKaye said...

What a cutie! The bear is adorable and I love the stitching! Thanks for playing along with Unscripted this week!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really stunning! Love the colors and embellishments you used!!! Hugs, Karen

P.S. If you love challenges you are sure to love my new blog: www.felineplayful.blogspot.com