Saturday, 14 August 2010

Minnie's Birthday card


I made this for my Aunty Minnie's birthday and used my favourite colours - bright pink and that real lime-green colour.  I've only used this little mouse a few times as I could never get him coloured right, so today I nipped over to the Whiff of Joy blog and studied how their DT coloured him.  Definately very helpful!

My only gripe about this card is ... why do copic markers take on a different colour on different textures? My flowers were originally white and the pink one was coloured with exactly the same markers as in the little cupcake, but it looks very different!

Sketch from The Corrosive Challenge #76

Basic Grey Challenge #26 - pearls

Fab'n'Funky challenge #35 - use your favourite colours

Stamp and Create challenge #4 - flowers

And a new challenge blog Craft Your Days Away #1 - favourite things - I've used my favourite colours, my copics have to be my favourite colouring medium, and the image is one of my favourite things (the cake that is, NOT the mouse!)

Supplies
Stamp: Whiff of Joy 'Henry Celebrating Mouse'
Paper: Basic Grey
Accessories: copic markers; pink pearls; cuttlebug + Mac'n Cheese alphabet dies; flowers and brads from stash; lime green stickles

6 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Lynne this is gorgeous those papers are delicious as well as that image I love the flowers a fun, colourful card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Dazie said...

Hello how is that lovely little doggy of yours? Pinky is enjoying this cooler weather, she actually manages to stay white for longer in the summer lol

Love this card the papers are scrumptious!
Thanks for joining our first challenge at craft your days away!
Dazie
x

jackiescrafts said...

What a lovely card I'm sure your Aunt will love it, those papers are gorgeous
Thanks for joining in with our first challenge at CYDA

Jackie x

Ginny said...

gorgeous, thanks for joining us at FnF

Carol Ann said...

Great fun card. Thanks for playing along at CYDA.
Carol Ann xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a sweet card!! Love Henry and your coloring. Thanks for joining the Stamp and Create flower challenge this month.