Wednesday, 17 June 2009

My new and improved Button Box!

The new monthly challenge over at Just Magnolia is to alter a container. I've never 'altered' anything before so thought I'd have a go at jazzing up my button box. In a previous life it was a tub of jelly beans which my SIL gave me (...unfortunately the jelly beans are long gone!) The top flips open and there's a little silver shovel inside which is just perfect for digging out the button at the bottom of the box!

My Magn0lia image 'Tilda gathering Mushrooms' (...thanks Pat!) is now 'Tilda gathering buttons'! (As usual my glue hasn't quite dried before I took the pic) She was too big for the front panel, so I stuck her to the side panel and decorated the rest with butterflies using the same colours as I coloured Tilda. I had to leave the box reasonably see-through so I could spot the buttons inside easily.


13 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

This is really lovely.

Anonymous said...

Your box is soooooo sweet!
Hugs, Dagmar

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Awww that is so cute, and I love 'Tilda gathering buttons!' I NEED one of these little boxes now. :-)

Jackie said...

So simple yet so very effecrive, I love it :o)
Jackie xx

Saskia said...

WOW!!!! This button-house is so unique and beautiful!!! Lovely work!!

Saskia :)

Lorraine A said...

fabulous box ! I was going to say the same as caroline !! I want one !! :-)
Love how you decorated this ! :-)
Lorraine x x

Dazie said...

Oh its beautiful!!! The box itself is so different and you have made it look fab! Love it!
Dazie
x

Mel said...

This is fab love the box :)
Mel x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant, fab button box.
luv
Debby

Mina said...

wow this is wonderful Lynne...what a great idea for your buttons and beautifully coloured Tilda...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia monthly challenge xxx

Rach said...

this is adorable, what a cute little button box, you did a fabulous job altering it. love how you have tilda collecting buttons.. thank you for joining us in our monthly challenge. hugs rachxx

Shell said...

oh lynne, this is gorgous i want one
shell x

Bev said...

What a fabulous creation! Love all the gorgeous detail x