Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Baby Bear


And here's the card I made with one of my new Elzybells stamps, isn't he a cutie!  Though the card didn't quite go to plan ..... I only had a scrap of the blue flowery paper left and it was a tad too short for the sketch, and then the 'baby' stamp was bigger than I had thought and I kinda ran out of room for it!  Never mind, I love how it turned out!

Sketch from 2 Sketches for You #59

Crafty Creations #81: Butterflies

The ABC Challenge: B is for Blue

Critter Challenge #27: make a card or scrapbook page for a boy with some glitter  (I added glitter to my bear's paws and to the patch on the parachute

Allsorts challenge #65 - paper piecing or paper piercing

Supplies
Stamp: little bear from Elzybells; sentiment from Heidi Swapp
Paper: Papermania 'Honey and Hugs'
Accessories: martha stewart edge punch and butterfly punch; copic markers; blue chalk for BG in sky (doesn't really show up in pic); pearls coloured with blue copic to match; glossy accents and Diamond Glamour dust; rectangular nestabilities

29 comments:

Patti J said...

Hi Lynne! What an adorable card! It's as sweet as can be! Hope you're doing okay - haven't been online too much lately! Great card!!!

Saskia said...

Lynne,

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with your lovely work! Good luck!

Greetings, Saskia
(guest designer)

Crystal said...

AWWW Lynne this baby card is just sooooo sweet!!! I really love the paper piecing and the image!!

Debbie said...

Yes Lynne...he is a cute... Love it

Clare Brown said...

such a cute card hun and love how you have paper pierced the image.Goodluck over at abc challenge this week.

clare :0)

pop over to sarah hurley challenges where the theme is animals

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Lynne,
This is adorable - what a cute bear stamp! The 3D butterflies add a great touch! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge.
Melissa

Fleur said...

Fantastic card Lynne
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week,
Hugz Fleur xXx

Anonymous said...

oh, this is such a precious card! I love the butterflies and the image. Thanks for playing with us this week at Critter sketch Challenge.

Lisa Somerville said...

Super cute baby card, great addition of the butterfly embellishments. Thanks for playing at the CSCB.

TDJ said...

Absolutely adorable....

Jackie said...

Fab card, going to plan or not, it's lovely :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous sweet card lynne
luv
Debby

CraftyC said...

So sweet Lynne, a really cute card!
Clairex

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Lynne,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

craftyb said...

simply adorable! I love your image, the big word and how you added dimension to your butterflies! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

papertrails leaver said...

It sure did turn out adorable! Great way to work with the papers you had and make it happen! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations! ♥Amy

Heidi said...

What an adorable baby card! THe glitter feet of the bear are too cute! Thanks for joining us this with at the Critter Sketch Challenge Blog.

Mel said...

Aww lynne, I so so love it!
this is just so sweet and perfect wee image for those wee bundles of joy!
Hugs melly xx
ps I left you a wee thing on my blog xxx

Jodi said...

Such a cute image! Sweet baby card!
Hugs
Jodi =)

LINDA said...

This is just toooo cute.. Love it!!
Hugs, Linda

Regina Mangum said...

Absolutely adorable! Thank you for play with us at 2S4Y this week!

Kerri said...

This is adorable!!! Such a darling image, and I love the paper pieced blankie:) Fab job with the sketch too!

brenda said...

Hi there

A super card and beautfully coloured.

Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

p.s Did you know we have a DT call at our sister challenge http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/

Basement Stamper said...

I love how it turned out too, it's so cute. Thanks for joining us at CSCB!

cnelson said...

cute, cute, cuter than cute!

marsha said...

Too adorable! Thanks for playing along with the Crafter Critters this week!

Hugs, Marsha

Kirsten...x said...

Fabulous card..x

Thanks for joining us at allsorts this week hugs Kirsten...x

P.S Sorry this is late i had major computer problems yeserday.

Unknown said...

There is so much whimsy on this card from the bear, and scallops to the butterflies - perfect for a baby!!!!
Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
Hugs
K

Jenni said...

Too sweet, love this and all the pretty detail. Thanks so much for joining in with us at Crafty Creations this week.
Jenni x