Sunday, 8 August 2010

Eureka!



I had a total EUREKA moment when I was making this card ... and feel free to go DUH at any time!...
I love that you can use copic markers to colour your embellishments and for ages I've been trying to colour my little gems BEFORE I stuck them down - they usually ended up skiting across the kitchen table never to be found again! 
DuhBut today I realised I could actually stick the gems down first and THEN colour them! [insert DUH here!]  Soooooo much easier!

Took my sketch from Critter Sketch challenge #25 (though I've just noticed I should have used 2 ribbons, so I'll rectify that tomorrow and upload the new and improved version!)

Colour combo from Little Paper Shop LPSC79

Supplies
Stamp: Stampendous
Paper:Dovecraft
Accessories: Ellison 'Mac'n'Cheese' alphabet dies; copic markers; ribbon and gems from stash; cuttlebug embossing folder; Glossy Accents (on monkeys)

4 comments:

Craft Paper said...

Such a cute card and I love the "duh" moment. Thanks for playing along with the Critter Sketch Challenge.

Jackie said...

Fab fun card, glad you found the easy way to colour your embellies, I've been doing it that way for a while since I discovered the same as you :o)
Jackie xx

Mandy said...

Such a fun card...Love the image...And your not alone I have so many "Duh" moments these days.
Mandy xx

Micki said...

lol, oh so glad I'm not the only person that has those 'duh' moments, lol.

This card is too cute! Love the papers and everytime I see those monkeys, it just makes me smile.

Thanks so much for your sweet comments about baby abby. We are so blessed. hugs