Saturday, 21 August 2010

Footballer in the Grass


Its a typical Saturday here ... grey, overcast and threatening to rain, so I thought I'd have a wee bit of crafty fun before I go and clean the house!
Colour Me Copic's challenge #2 is grass.  Easy peasy I thought, until I made a complete horlix of it, so I went back to the site and studied their tutorial and then had to do a major rescue job!  Definately looks better than what it was originally, but more practice needed me thinks!

Sketch from Sweet Stampin #40

Colour combo from Colour Throwdown #106 - though my new kraft paper is nothing like the Kraft colour here, my blue should have been paler and my chocolate (on his hair) should have been darker.  Oh well!


Supplies
Stamps: Footballer from Sugar Nellie; football from Elzybells
Accessories: cuttlebug embossing folder; white ink pad; twine; dimensionals (for main image and central football); copic markers; green and blue gems; silver peel off sentiment; circular nestabilities

19 comments:

Crystal said...

This is GREAT Lynne what a fantastic design for this cutie!! I lOVE the added soccer balls....

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh Lynne this is great I so love those papers and design fabulous image this is going to make some little boy very happy.
Hugs
Lorraine x

donna mikasa said...

Hi Lynne! I looooove your card! Your grass is awesome--you really have a green thumb!

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Lynne.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

So nice card! Great take on the sketch :)

♥Rach♥ said...

Awesome job, I just love it! Thanks for joining us @ CMC!

Martine said...

ooo this is just fab darlin, i love the image :)

xx
Martine

Emma said...

Sorry for being a bad blogger hun, hoping to get more organised so can be on a little more often now. Fab card hun xx

Jackie said...

Fab card regardless of the colours being not quite right :o)
Jackie xx

Amy said...

This is such an awesome soccer card, I love it! And I think your grass looks fabulous, thanks for playing along with the CMC challenge!

Unknown said...

Ahh!!! a beautiful card image and detail super chum, Lynne there a wee thing on my blog for you pop over when you get a chance
Hugs
Sarah xx

Mina said...

wow Lynne fabulous boys card, I love the stamp and you couldnt have picked more perfect papers for him
Mina xxx

helloholley said...

This is a super cute card and your coloring is perfect!

Sally said...

Fantastic card. Love all the attention to detail you have used. Fab image.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is fantastic, Lynne! I really love your combination of textures and images. I never would've noticed about the grass and I still can't quite figure out what you're talking about! LOL Those are beautiful coloiurs. I think I might have to give that challenge a try. ;)

Unknown said...

Fabby card..I always love it more when it's a male card as I never seem to make many lol..

Thanks for playing at sweet stamping xx

Tamie said...

Awesome male card. Love what you did with the sketch and your coloring is fantastic. The textures you used really make your card pop. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'.

Tamie - GDT

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, fab take on Jo's sketch!
Thank you for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin, hope to see you back again soon
love emma xxx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Lynne I love the image and your colouring is beautiful thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin challenge hugs Jill xx