Saturday, 7 August 2010

Simon Says ... inspired by a song


Simon Says challenge this week is to be inspired by a song
And the song is .... (showing my age here) ... Love is in the Air (if you haven't heard it before here's a wee link) 
I was asked by a friend to make an engagement card, and came up with this.  I always find lovey dovey cards soooooo difficult to make, but I was on a roll today and made two!  I'm not sure which card Maeve will pick, but if she chooses this one I'll add in the happy couple's name on the purple strip.
(BTW, is it only me, or do you put the cards you've just made up on the mantlepiece to look at them for a day or two, before they vanish forever? My sis thought it was hilarious that I send myself cards!)

This week's CAS-tastic challenge CWC015 is to case one of the DT - my layout is inspired by Maylee's cute card

And a new challenge blog for me is the Sarah Hurley Challenge #3 Romance

Supplies:
Stamp: Penny Black
Paper: no idea - won it in some candy ages ago
Accessories: little XO embossing folder from Ellison; copic markers; Glossy Accents and diamond glamour dust (on little heart); silver peel off sentiment

And the second card I made was this...
and the more I look at it, the more I love it!!  I only had the one sheet of this lovely paper left, so it was great to be able to make 2 cards from it.  The little heart gel stickers were also from a candy win, think they're from Papermania.


Sketch from Clean&Simple FTL102

Sweet Stampin #38: Pretty in Pink

Crafty Creations #79 - Wedding / Anniversary

Papertake Weekly - White and one bright colour

Little Red Wagon - circles

17 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Two lovely cards, i love the second one. Its so unusual.
Thanks fr sharing them with us at Sarah Hurley challenges
Lisa ;)

Karen B. said...

I don't have a mantle, but I think that is a fabulous idea to display your cards for a while for yourself. That way too you can decide if it is good like it is or if it needs something more. I think your cards are great. Love the heart at the end of the line on the first.

Courtney said...

What great cards! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sweet Stampin! Good Luck!

~Courtney~
SS DT

Vicky Hayes said...

They're both gorgeous but I adore the second one. I love the stitching on the background hearts and the gel stickers go beautifully.

Stock Market Software said...

I loved those three sweet and small hearts. Simply Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Both are Gorgeous Lynne, love the last one with the circles, your friend will have a hard choice to make between them, hope your having a great day
Hugs
Sarah xx

craftyb said...

2 lovely fresh cards...love the pink n white...the PB image is so cute! thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Lea L. said...

Very pretty cards!! I love the cute hearts on the second one! Wonderful job using FTL 102!

♥♥♥Lea

Mel said...

gorjuss wee cards honey! i love the wee froggy, perfect for engagement!
Nope not just you who does that! I keep them on my side desk to look at until they go! Or if I've been working all day and then just before bed i go back in craft room and look again at what I've done!
Hugs Melly xx

Tamie said...

Love your clean and simple card. Your rocked your sketch challenge and the pretty in pink challenge. Love the hearts on the side of the circles.

Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'

Tamie-GDT

Deb Neerman said...

This is fabulous! Love your take on the challenge!

And I absolutely shelf my cards in my studio to study/enjoy/critique before they go off to their new homes. Doesn't everyone?!?

jennruggeri75 said...

I love both of your cards!! The frog image is too cute!! Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations this week!!

Sharon said...

Two lovely cards. I'd go for the cute frog myself lol!! No you're not on your own when it comes to 'giving yourself' your own cards I put my new creations on the mantlepiece as well before I pack them up.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
hugs
Sharon x

Clare Brown said...

Fabulous cards hun and great take on the sketch.Goodluck with the challenge this week at Sarah Hurley Challenges.

hugs Clare x

Jane said...

What a cute card! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp! hugs, Jane xxx

Deanna said...

So pretty!
Thanks for playing!
Dee - LRW DT

Unknown said...

Lovely card!, thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges!

Sarah x