Wednesday, 25 August 2010

You've Passed!


Brrr, there's a definate chill in the air tonight, we've had to put the heat on for the first time in ages!  But I'm still hoping for a bit of an Indian Summer as I've a couple of days off now and Monday is a Bank Holiday, so a nice loooong weekend!
I pulled out a very old set of stamps to make this little Passed your driving test card - the cars are popped up on dimensionals, as is the happy smiley sun with his sparkly sunglasses.  I had intended the little fence to be white, but I'd punched it out of a scrap of DP and put the glue on the wrong side. Duh!  So I gave it a bit of a going over with my yellow copic marker and think it looks fine!  There's also some little Learner signs stamped in the pink BG with versamark ink.
Sketch from 2 Sketches 4 You

Stamping Vacation Occasion Oasis challenge is to make a Congratulations card

Your Next Stamp #23 - Bold, bright and summery colours

Let's Ink It Up #1 - Anything goes but have a touch of yellow

And my actual colour combo was inspired by this fabulous picture from Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger

SUPPLIES
Stamps: cars and sentiment from http://www.onefourzero.co.uk/ ; little sun from Hambo Stamps
Accessories: martha stewart picket fence punch; copic markers; Smooch illuminate on car windows; pink gems; Diamond glamour dust and Glossy Accents on little sunglasses

18 comments:

Crystal said...

AWWW Super Duper Cute Lynne...FAB colors and such a happy card!!!

Unknown said...

So cute card! I love the colors :)

Dotty Jo said...

Cute! Great sketch and colours - perfect for a happy little card! Jo x

Netty said...

Smashing colourful card. Thank you for playing at Lets Ink It Up. Annette x

Anonymous said...

Such a cute car and fab card. Thanks for playing along at Let's Ink It Up.
Hugs
Sam xx

Lorraine A said...

Fab card Lynne ;-) I love the cars and the colours you used ,,, gorgeous :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! Thanks for playing at Let's Ink It Up :)

Hugzzzz
Tammy

Claire said...

Lovely card with those bright and zingy colours! Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up, good luck and hope to see you next time too :-)
Claire xx

Saskia said...

Happy card!!!

Saskia :)

**I've got a polka-dots candy on my blog, feel free to take a look!** :)

Pat said...

Sorry you've had to turn the heat on already. That's one thing I don't like to think about. Thank goodness your card is so bright and sunny looking to warm you up. Thanks for playing with Let's Ink It Up.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Lynne.

Liefs Riet.xx

Agnieszka M said...

Your Card is sooo cute.
Great Job!!!

Thank you for playing with us on the LET'S INK IT UP challenge. Good Luck!

Hugs,
Agnieszka

Laura Davis said...

Darling!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Karen McAlpine said...

I like the way the fence turned out. Super sweet card. Thanks for playing along with The Stamping Vacation.

Maureen Morton said...

What a cute card idea! Love the grinning sunshine! Great take on the trigger, too.

Kendra said...

Gosh I can just wait til my kids are ready to drive! ahhh! Great card, Thanks for playing in our first challenge at Let's Ink It Up!

Stacey Schafer said...

cute!

susan r. opel said...

Hey Lynne! What a vibrant approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)