Saturday, 17 March 2012

Birthday card for Ian

Happy St Patrick's Day!  It's been a glorious sunny day today, perfect weather for all the parades today.  No 'drowning the shamrock' for me ... I took Ruby for a long walk this morning and then this afternoon she 'helped' me tackle the weeds in the back garden. By 'helped' I mean every time I bent down to pull out a rogue weed she was over with her nose in the weed pile and wanting to play!

I've had this ribbon in my stash for nearly a year now, too nice to use!  - when I measured it out the '10s' were in the perfect spot to peek out the side of my image.
High Hopes image and leaves - coloured with promarkers; silver peel offs; DP from an Echo Park Christmas pack... v. trendy with all the chevrons!  Clear gloss added to his eyes and teeth, and green sparkles to the vine leaves.

Right, that's enough chitter chatter.  It's movie night again ... Rise of the Planet of the Apes .... Greg's choice, not mine :-P









(PS ... got my fancy signature from Gif-mania)

25 comments:

Benzi said...

Oh, you make Ruby work so hard. Heehee

What a great card and I love how that ribbon worked out perfectly.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!! Hope you enjoy your movie.

I have some blog candy if you're interested...just posted a bit ago.

MagsB said...

What a fab, fun image, Lynne! And how good the ribbon looks, good planning there!

I hope you enjoyed your movie - haven't seen that one yet, but I know my OH wants to see it. Mind, you'd have to go a long way to match the original, especially the killer ending with the Statue of Liberty lol!

love Mags B x

Claire said...

Just brilliant Lynne. Hugs, Claire x

Kim said...

What a great fun card, I love it! Ribbon worked out perfect! Thanks for joining us at sweet stampin this week.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lynne :-) such a cute image and the ribbon is just THE perfect finishing touch !! :-)

hope you had a fab St Patricks day :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Lorraine A said...

oops, I meant to add, thanks for joining us on the Totally Papercrafts too :-) xx

Jackie said...

Fabulous fun card :o)
Jackie xx

Kort og Søm said...

What a fun card!!

Fredrikke :O)

Diane's Card Designs said...

Lovely card....such a fun image and gorgeous fresh colours.
Diane xx

Lorraine said...

Love it. That monkey is just like the one on my mothers day card from my son, lol. Great card. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Ruth said...

Great fun card! Ruth x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Lynne.

Hugs Riet.xx

craftymum said...

A super card. Thank you for joining us at HSC for our "Ribbon" challenge

hugs Sarah x

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

Great card Lynne! just perfect for a 10 year old :) Love how your ribbon worked out! Sarah x

PS Thanks for lettin me know about sweet stampin - I hadn't seen it!

Anonymous said...

fab card xx

Linda said...

Such a darling card.. love it!! Hugs, Linda

downrightcrafty said...

he is a right cheeky monkey isn't he and great card
Hugs Kate x

Irini said...

Adorable card!!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Use It Tuesday!
hugz
irini

~ Kendra ~ said...

Cute card! Love the image! Thank you for joining us at Paper and Such!

Wishcraft said...

Such a fun card, love it! Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Lisa x

mixamatoasties said...

Great card. Love the monkey image :)

Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week.

Susan x

Emily Leiphart said...

This is darling, Lynne! That bear is so sweet!

Julie said...

This made me giggle! Love this little monkey card! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper and Such.

Kim O'Connell said...

Can't help but smile! Such a fun card! Thanks for playing along with us for the Paper and Such Challenge!

Unknown said...

TE'hee a fabulous image and a super make chum..
Hugs Sarah x