Tuesday, 5 October 2010

A Pink Celebration


October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and Stamp and Create's challenge for this month is:
Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness
 
I actually got my watercolour pencils out for this one for the first time in ages - I kept my brush quite dry when I was adding the darker highlights to try and get a bit of texture into her hair.  I also pulled out my sewing machine - though it very nearly went in the bin after it took me about 20 minutes to thread the darned thing!  There must be some scientific reason why the hole in the needle has to be smaller than the thread you're trying to force through it! Grrrr!  (Apologies for the rubbish photo too)
 
My sketch is (kinda) from The Sugar Bowl #44, but my frame turned out a bit big to fit!
 
Also for Sarah Hurley challenge #11 - All Sewn Up
 
SUPPLIES
Stamp: Image from Sugar Nellie; sentiment from Practicing Creativity
Paper: Papermania
Accessories: watercolour pencils; nestabilities; blue chalk for BG on image; little shapes from Sizzlits die; little tiny blue and pink gems; ellison stars embossing folder; smooch illuminate

13 comments:

Amy said...

Your watercoloring looks amazing Lynne and I love the stitching even if it was a major effort! ;)
Awesome card!

Unknown said...

Super cute card! Thanks for sharing :)

Lisa Jane said...

what a pretty card - great colouring and stitching
Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley this week
Lisa ;)

debby4000 said...

Oh what a sweetheart of card Lynne.
luv
Debby

Jackie said...

Super cute card, love your colouring :o)
Jackie xx

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card Lynne, love your colouring! Jo x

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card love the soft colours beautiful work with your pencils!!! gorgeous image and love the colours of her hair also chum
Hugs
Sarah xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Lynne, fantastic stitching hun great colouring and I love the image,
have a lovely night, hugs Liz xx

Crystal said...

SOOOO SWEET Lynne!!!

Heidi said...

Cute card! Thanks for playing the Stamp and Create Pink/encouragement challenge.

Benzi said...

Your 'pink' card is just so cute, Lynne. So glad you didn't dump your sewing machine. I know the frustration, though.

Unknown said...

lovely card, love that image and the colouring!

Thank you for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges :o)

Sarah x

Lacey Stephens said...

What a fabulous card, Lynn! So sweet and special! Thank you so much for playing along with the Stamp and Create Pink Challenge. We have another great challenge for you this month: Christmas!! We hope you can play along again!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com