Thursday, 21 October 2010

X-mas Card #29


I had the afternoon off work today and spent it .... making Christmas cards!  Much more enjoyable that that work nonsense!!   I stopped in the craft shop on the way home to buy some DST and ended up buying this lovely Christmas pack instead (well that resolution to use up all my old stuff first didn't last long!)  And they didn't have any DST in stock(!!) so I'm gonna have to go back again on Saturday and test my willpower to not buy anything else!

High Hopes challenge #92 is a recipe - 1 circle, 2 squares and a scalloped edge

This mad colour combo of orange and hot pink came from Die Cut Dreams #70, but I love how it turned out!

Sweet Stampin #48 - Ribbons

The Craft Garden October challenge is to use Pink Ribbon - this gorgeous ribbon was one of my purchases today, but I kinda wish I'd used the bigger bow on the Bow Easy as its a wee bit odd looking!

Sarah Hurley challenge #14 - Make a Something for Christmas BUT Red and Green must NOT be seen!!!


SUPPLIES
Stamp: High Hopes
Papers: Dovecraft
Accessories: Ranger glossy accents on his hat and nose; copic markers; circular nestabilities; Smooch Illuminate; snowflake button and dew drops from stash

17 comments:

Unknown said...

ahhhhh!!!!!! Lynne but he is gorgeous and love that this xmas card is pink fabulous detail love your bow on here good luck on Saturday with the DST lol' have you made up your mind yet about the Kings Hall I have my ticket Hugs
Sarah xx

Benzi said...

Oh, I love this snowman. His scarf is so pretty and you've colored it to perfection. The Glossy Accents added so much.
I do believe those stores are out of what we want so we buy things we didn't intend the first and the next time we go in. LOL

Jackie said...

That's the best possible way to spend and afternoon off work! Love your card :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Oh Lynne this is gorgeous and so adorable.
luv
Debby

Emma said...

Hiya unnie, this is a lush card and love that cuddly snowman indeed. Enjoy your weekend xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful fun card for xmas thanks for sharing at DCD.
Chris x

Pamela said...

Great card Lynne, love the image. Thank you for joining us at DCD this week.

Pam x

Mummylade said...

just lovely. great take on the DCD challenge this week. Thanks for playing and good luck.

Crystal said...

AWWW What a super SWEEET Holiday creation....AWWWWWWW just the CUTEST!!!!

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Lynne,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Lelia Pierce said...

This is just so cute, Lynne! Love that snowman!

XXX

Debbie said...

glad you had a productive day off. This is adorable, love the glossy accents on his nose and hat..great job

Mummylade said...

Lovely take on the colour combo! Thank you for playing along with DCD this week.

Lisa Jane said...

what a fab card - so cheerful
LOve the glossy accents and the ribbon
Thanks for joining us at sarah Hurley this week
Lisa ;)

Lacey Stephens said...

Absolutely fabulous card!! I love your take on last week's recipe challenge!! Thank you so much for playing along!! We have another fun one for you this week...Birthday. We hope you can play along again!!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
High Hopes DT

Lacey Stephens said...

Fabulous card!! I love the pink colors!! And I love your take on last week's recipe challenge!! Thank you so much for playing along again! We have another fun challenge this week: Birthday! We hope you can play along again!!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
High Hopes DT

Unknown said...

lovely card!

Thank you for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges

Sarah x