Sunday, 1 May 2011

Dream Valley Challenge #06

Our new challenge at Dream Valley is Flowers ... and there's a fab prize up for grabs from One Stop Card Crafts!  So play along and you never know your luck!  Check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the DT when you're uploading your card HERE.

Can you tell the sun was shining and there was a bit of heat in the air when I made this card ... all those lovely hot colours!  I've used a stamp set from Stampendous 'Happy Flowers' and coloured with copics.  A couple of the flowers are popped up on 2mm dimensionals, and the flower centres on 1mm.  I had intended to add some frosted lace stickles to the flower centres, but my tube ran dry, as did my pink marker - I only just managed to scratch enough out of it to colour the flower centres ... I think my crafty supplies are conspiring against me again!!

Other challenges ....

17 comments:

Khristen said...

Such a happy fun card, love how you popped the flowers up for some dimension :)

Claire said...

Such a cheery card Lynne - love the flowers and the ununusal colour combo - really works. Hugs, Claire x

LINDA said...

This is simply adorable!! Hugs, Linda

Crystal said...

Such beautiful flowers Lynne, what a fun and fabulous design! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love this, so bright and cheery. These colours go so well together. xx

Mel said...

Beautiful!
I adore the happy cheery colours you used! the flowers just pop!
Love it!
Hugs melly xxx

Fiona said...

this is fab...I love the colours and DP you have used..nice!!

Fi
x

Carole of Brum said...

Hi Lynn, another smashing card, I love how you've got the sentiment as the stalk on one of the flowers, great idea. CoB

WencheP said...

I love the colors and the flowers are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Jennie said...

Oooo pwetty! Love those gorgeous flowers :) xx

Anonymous said...

Great Card, love the flowers...

Thanks for joining us at SFC.

Huggies Angel

jackiescrafts said...

A great card so bright and cheerful
Thanks for joining in at SFC this time
Jackie x

melsanford said...

Fab card! Love the colours and the layering - beautiful! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Janna Werner said...

Hey Lynne! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely project with us at DYSU this week! Have a nice day, Janna

Benzi said...

Very pretty flowers AND card, Lynne. Gosh, I guess you'll just have to go shopping for some new supplies as they ran out. Drat! LOL

Lin said...

I would not have thought to put orange and pink together but they go so well! Gorgeous.

Lin xx

MagsB said...

Oh, wow, funky, man! Fantastic colours, so bright and cheerful!

luv, Mags x