Sunday, 18 September 2011

Dream Valley Challenge #16

Time for a new challenge over at Dream Valley and this week it's ....
Buttons
Now I know that sounds easy, but I think I'm 'button-challenged' and find it really hard to use them on my cards!  In the end after a LOT of faffing about, I just used one as a wee accent in the bottom corner!  Upload your card to Dream Valley and have a wee look at some of the fab cards from the DT (... this week's sponsor is Digis with Attitude)

The image in my card is an older High Hopes image ... 'Dad's Catch'.  I don't normally do anything on the inside of my card, but I'd coloured up Pelican's Post and had no room on the front for him!   And I've Jodie from Oz to thank for introducing me to raffia lace as she sent me the most beautiful card and it had some on it, so of course I couldn't resist getting some of my own! (You should pop over to Jodie's blog to see her gorgeous cards when you get the chance, they're absolute stunners)

Other challenges:

18 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Just perfect for a man who loves fishing.

Jackie said...

Fantabulous card, I love that pelican :o)
Jackie xx

Claire said...

Fabulous card hun - love that pelican on the inside of the card. Hugs, Claire x

melsanford said...

Fab card! love the image and those little fishes but the pelican has to be my fave :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Lynne.

Hugs Riet.xx

MagsB said...

What a fun card! I love the ribbon, it looks like fishing net! Great job!

luv, Mags x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lynne :-) the image is really cute and the lttle pelican waiting for the fish on the inside is adorable :-)
The little button looks just perfect too :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Deb said...

Beautiful card!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Have a great weekend, happy crafting, Debxx

Dawn said...

So, diamonds are not just a girls best friend then!
Thanks for sharing your geat project with us at The Crafty Pad this week for our Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Carole of Brum said...

Fab card, Lynne, i love those little fishes, and the button is just right. CoB

Anonymous said...

lol I love this card, it's my dad to a 'T' hehehe well done x

Lorraine said...

What a great take on the theme. Super card. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant card. Love that pelican on the inside too. xx

Lin said...

Love your comment 'button challenged'. I bought myself two gorgeous poppered bags if buttons, but there are no matching pairs and I find it extremely difficult to just use bunches of odd buttons on my cards, so perhaps I too am challenged. For my own I had to use old cardi buttons, lol

Love your card here, that fisherman's expression is just great, and I love the way he matched the background paper so beautifully.

Lin xx

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Lynne, the images are so cute and the song is just perfect for it.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our be inspired by a song / film title challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Anne-Marie said...

That's a lovely card, my Dad was into fishing, would of been great. I love the colours used.

Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week.

Anne-Marie x x

Benzi said...

Oh, the things I learn from visiting blogs...never heard of raffia lace and I sure like it on your fisherman card. The pelican is so cute inside. Another fab creation, Lynne!

Basslady said...

what a fun-card!

i love the way you arranged the details on this card...the colouring is wonderful!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo