Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Jacqui's Birthday card

This wee card is for my 'old' boss in work.  Its another rubbish pic as its such a dark night, can't believe how quickly the nights are already drawing in!  And we did get some quite windy weather, but sometimes I think the weathermen get a tad bit over-excited as our weather is usually so boring!

My colour theme kinda chose itself as I wanted to play along in the icopic challenge which is to colour a full range from light to dark and my sadly depleted copics meant that I had no choice but to choose green!





  • iCopic Lover #47 - high contrast
  • Papertake Weekly- things with wings
  • The Crafty Pad #138 - Goodbye summer (use autumal colours)
  • Critter Challenge #82 - photo inspiration (I used the colours and have trees on my DP)
  • Lexi's Creations #48 - Autumn
  • Sketch n'stash #70 - free choice of sketch - I chose #32.  I haven't bought any new stash for a while, so my 'old' stash on this card are the big gems, just coloured them with my copics to match the colour theme.


20 comments:

Crystal said...

Lynne this is soooo SWEET, LOVE your take on the sketch just perfect, she will LOVE this for sure!

Patti J said...

Lynne, this little gal will certainly make your 'old' boss smile all day! Very cute card, my friend! Hugs!

Diane's Card Designs said...

Gorgeous card. Love the cute image and layout.
Diane xx

Dawn said...

Great card Lynne, I love your layout & the colours you've used!
Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week in our Goodbye Summer Challenge
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Benzi said...

Darling image and super birthday card.
Glad you didn't get blown away. Yes, I am noticing the days getting shorter and really don't like it but I have to accept it.

coldwaters2 said...

Lynne she is going to love it big time, that image is so cute and what superb colouring, the papers and embellishments look great.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Victoria Lavender said...

She's a cutie! You can almost feel the wind blowing her around! I love that background paper and all the great Fall colours. Thanks for playing with us st The Crafty Pad. Good luck.
Victoria Lavender

MagsB said...

This is such a sweet image! Gorgeous colouring, _especially_ her green dress! The brown flower and butterflies look really good with the brighter colours on the paper and image, too! Your 'old' boss will love it!

luv, Mags x

Debbie said...

Love your coloring on this one and it's one of my favorite LOTV images

Hugs
Debbie

and just to let you know, those weathermen hype it up over here too.

Dotty Jo said...

This is a such a sweetie Lynne, she'll love it! It's been very windy here as we are on the side of a hill - smashed pots in the garden and a broken branch. Thankfully calmer and sunnier this morning, Jo x

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

What an adorable image and the LO is just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Critter Sketch :)

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, lovely colours :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable, beautiful card Lynne.
luv
Debby

Jacki Daniels said...

beautiful thanks for joining us at CRITTERS this time
Jackixx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Beautiful card hunni & great colours too..Thanks for joining us at Sketch n stash, oh great sketch choice :D
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Anonymous said...

This is a great card, your boss will certainly love it!
Hugs xx

melsanford said...

Gorgeous card! Fab papers and love the image :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Maggie's Crafts said...

Lovely creation!

Thank you for joining The Crafty Pad in our Goodbye Summer challenge.

Maggie
xx

Saskia said...

Gorgeous card with great colours!

saskia :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynne,
Me again!
I have a little candy on my blog if you are interested.
Hugs xx