Tuesday, 14 July 2009

Baby Boy

Sketch from Unscripted Sketches #14

Punched scalloped border using my SU corner punch - but couldn't turn the corners properly which is why they're a bit wonky! How do you make your long scalloped edges - is there a punch or a die you like to use?

Image from Whipper Snapper - coloured with copic markers and hat and baby blanket slightly decoupaged. Added my favourite diamond ice stickles to ticket on hat and to feathers - the diamond ice seems to take the colour of the background, so you don't need 20 different tubes!



15 comments:

Karen said...

Fantastic cards Lynne. Love the bright colours on the kite card and this baby card is great. Love that stork.

Love Karen x

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Lynne, love the colours, and the image is just fab!
Erin x

Saskia said...

Lovely card!

Saskia :)

scrappyjacky said...

What a gorgeous card...and perfect image for new baby.
I find exactly the same problem getting my Fiskars scallop punch to turn corners...I'm sure there must be an art to it.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Lynne,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Patti J said...

Beautiful card Lynne! When you find out the punch secret, let me know too! I only get perfect corners using a nestie, and although I love them, punches are just handier and quicker!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love that stork. I've managed to use it for three corners always make a mess on the fourth so its usually hidden under a flower. I turn the punch upside down to match up the scallops.
luv
Debby

Liz said...

so cute

liz x

Anonymous said...

What a cute card Lynne! i love that stork!
Fantabulous! :))
Hugs xx
Pat

Liz said...

This is so cute

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is fantastic, I have no advise for the scalloped edges, I broke down and got the Scalloped rectangles nestabilities by Spellbinders. Thanks for the hot tip on the stickles, always looking for innovative ideas. Thanks for playing along with US! BR-T

Sandra MacLean said...

Love the crisp white and blues on this card Lynne! Aren't Whipper Snapper stamps just the cutest?! :D

Sarah said...

Too flippin cute! How fun is this card. I love the way you have 'lifted' the blanket off the page. I just want to tickle the babies feet hee hee!
Thanks for playing along with Unscripted this week!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! The image is adorable!

Lorraine A said...

aww this is very cute ! I love this image and the papers you used are fab ! :-)

Lorraine x x