Monday, 25 April 2011

What does £36 get you....?

  

Card first ... Jo very kindly stamped this little PI girl for me a while back ... coloured her with copics and had another go at colouring black hair.  I had a little robin watching me do some gardening earlier, so I coloured my little birdie in his honour!  Added flowersoft for the grass.  I've had this lacey ribbon in my stash for years and never seem to use it, but its sooo pretty I think I'll be using it again.  Pink stickles as wee accents and I just touched her eyes with black enamel accents for a bit of definition.

Right, so what does £36 get you? ...... 4 plants and a pack of seeds! We had half a notion of going to the seaside today, but it was a bit overcast and chilly this morning .. so we went to the garden centre instead!  (I think you hit a certain age  when the garden centre is a treat and not a chore!!)  So when we got home the sun came out and its been a glorious afternoon!  Got most of my purchases planted up, grass cut and fertilized, some lettuce and cosmos seeds planted, seedlings transferred and pot plants re-potted.   Phew!!!  I need a long soak in a hot bath now!

Here's a wee close up of the new Dahlia we bought, isn't it sooooo pretty!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Your card is gorgeous Lynne and a great job you have done with the black hair too!! oh'' your garden centre buys are beautiful gorgeous blooms Hugs
Sarah x

Unknown said...

What a pretty card, I love the papers, and beautiful lace. Hugs xxx

Lizzy said...

Such a pretty card ~ Thanks for joining us at S N S this week ...good luck!

xx Lizzy xx :)

Donna said...

Such an adorable card and fab fluffy bits you have added! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Cupcake :) Donna x

Claire said...

Lovely card hun, love the colours. I love going to the garden centre, is it really an age thing? LOL. Hugs, Claire x

aqualeiga said...

A really pretty card, I do like the layout and the DP too. Thanks for joining the CIRCLES chaleenge at THE CRAFTY PAD this week, Hugs, Ali x

Dawn said...

Such a cute card! Thank you for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad this week for our Circles Challenge! I love how you coloured her black hair! (I haven't been brave enough to try black hair yet!)
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Annika said...

Awww, isn't that image just absolutely darling! And her black hair is just perfect - with a soft touch of light, no harsh contrasts! Lovely card!
Thank you so much for playing with us at MIC this week - hoping to see you back soon!
Hugs
Annika

Sue said...

fabulous card and a really sweet image:)

thanks for joining us at sketch n stash

sue
xx

Shelly said...

Such a sweet card! Fluffy loveliness! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft! Shelly x

Janie Printz said...

Beautifully little card colored so nicely & oh what lovely plants you've bought.
Hugs, Janie

Anonymous said...

Awww your card is very sweet!Love your layout and choice of colours.
Your dalhia is beautiful! I too love going to the garden centre.
Robin are very curious, i remember we used to have one in the garden watching me plants.
Have a lovely week,
Hugs xx

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful card Lynne what an adorable image.
luv
Debby

Jackie said...

Very pretty card. I love that beautiful dahlia :o)
Jackie xx

Poppit said...

Adorable card! I love that you've used coloursoft for the grass! Thanks for joining us for this week's Cupcake Challenge :-)

Benzi said...

Just the sweetest card and a great job on the hair. Love that precious paper you used with the image.
That dahlia is a beauty. I totally enjoy going to a plant nursery..one of my favorite spots.

Riet said...

Gorgeous card Lynne,so sweet.

Hugs Riet.xx

Vicky said...

Pretty card Lynne...and I love your flowers too hun!

thanks for joining us at sketch n stash...and good luck!!

hugs Vicky xx

Sheila said...

Awww Lynne,this image is just adorable!, her black hair is just perfect thanks for joining us this week at MIC.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Carisa said...

this is so adorable! i love that lace and i LOVE LOVE LOVE the flower soft for the grass. thanks for joining us at make it colourful this week!