Sunday, 4 December 2011

Snow Monkey

Ohhh BRRRR it's a cold one today.  We'd a wee flurry of sleet this morning and of course the weathermen are getting excitable!  Ah well, at least it got me in Christmas card mode ... I made 8 versions of this card today for a wee order, so there was a bit of a production line going on my kitchen table.  Don't think I've ever made so many cards in one sitting!  (Image from High Hopes, sentiment from Paper Smooches)

Update on last night's movie ... I was expecting The Way to be a murder/mystery (they usually are when Greg picks them LOL!) but it turned out to be a really lovely film and a bit of a tear jerker ... I had to do the secret 'no I'm not crying' wipe of the eyes a couple of times!

  • Simon Says Stamp ... anything goes
  • Paper Sundaes #98 - sundae topping choice - I used red, stitching and die cuts (my snowflake)
  • Sweet Stampin - is it snowing
  • Divas by Design #16 - anything goes
  • Sketch from Midnight Madness #132 ...  I've just noticed that I scribbled the sketch down wrong and there should have been a different coloured panel down the side so I don't think I can enter it aarrrggghhh!
  • Colour Create #85 - red, white and green with optional snowflakes
  • Bling it on December challenge - Christmas

17 comments:

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

What a cutie this card is Lynne. Love the image and the fab papers.
Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge,
Sharon xx

mixamatoasties said...

Hee hee. Love the image! Great card.

Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin this week.

Susan x

Debbie said...

Adorable little monkey getting ready to ski...Glad you enjoyed the movie..

Hugs
Debbie

Benzi said...

What a cute, cute card....colorful and fun.
Glad to get the update on the movie. Bet hubby didn't know it was a tear jerker or he probably wouldn't have chosen it. :-)

Funny about your weather man getting excited. That sure happens here, too. Then, everyone get excited and nothing happens. That was the story last week about the bit of snow we were supposed to get. Ugh!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Lynne and fun!
Have a great week
Hugs xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Lynne,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

LindaS said...

LOL: Happy X-mas. Funny image and perfect PP for a sweet card. Thanks for joining Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. LindaS/MMSC'DT

marsha said...

How cute! Your Christmas monkey is just adorable and I love your design paper and that gorgeous snowflake! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, hope you will come and play again next week.
Hugs,
Marsha
MMSC-DT

Unknown said...

Awww what a cutie this is Lynne, love the image and colours, so fun. .. and thank you also for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week. Good luck xx

Claire said...

Fab card Lynne, love the image and fab papers. Hugs, Claire x

coldwaters2 said...

What a fun, fabby card Lynne that image is terrific so is that red snowflake and the papers,
Hugs
Lorraine x

Christine said...

How very cute!! Love that image and it really made me smile. Great take on the sketch too!
Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Kathleen said...

Cute card Lynne, I love the image and that red snowflake is fab!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes
Hugs Kat xx

Wishcraft said...

Such a cute card! Love the fun image and great papers too. Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' :o) Lisa x

Anita said...

This is such a cute card and made me smile. Thanks for joining the Divas challenge.

Sharon said...

This is so cute Lynn - I love the papers you've chosen.

Thanks for joining us at Colour Create for the Green, Red & White Challenge!

Sharon x

Laney said...

super fun card!!
Thanks for joining us at Bling It On this time would love to see you next time too
hugs
laney