Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Xmas card #01!

Taaa Daaa!  This year's first Christmas card .... this time last year I had quite a few made, but it ended up being a tedious year long project, and the ones made at the end of the year were so much better than those made at the start!  So this year I'm just going to wing it, make a few fancy cards and make all my own cards nice and simple ... well, that's the theory anyway!

This one uses one of last year's High Hopes snowmen - coloured with promarkers, popped up his jumper, hat and scarf on dimensionals; clear gloss added to his skate blades, loads of stickles to his jumper and the falling snow, and white flowersoft for the snow on the ground.  Also coloured some wee gems for the small snowflake to match the bigger sparkly one.
Right, that's me ... I'm pooped this evening!  I think I must have broken the email-sending world record today and at the last tally I'd sent over 140 individual emails, so I'm nearly cross-eyed now!  Think I'll just have to close them for 40 winks!

10 comments:

Saskia said...

Great start for your Christmas-cards!! :)

mudmaven said...

This is totally adorable!! I love that snowman - too cute. Thanks so much for joining us for our Show Your Colors challenge on Kaboodle Doodles. ~chris

Benzi said...

A snowman!!! That is what I call a great start to your Christmas cards...it is soooooo adorable, Lynne.

Debbie said...

OMG!!!! this is so cute. Love the snow you created

Hugs
Debbie

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing!

Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

Jackie said...

What a happy looking card, fab start :o)
Jackie xx

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Lynne

Great card love the snowman so cute! Thanks so much for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck.

Tina

Carole of Brum said...

brill xmas card, lynn, love that image and great paper too, CoB

Riet said...

So gorgeous Lynne.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

Super Xmas card Lynne love this snowman image great colour choices too! Hugs
Sarah x