Sunday, 9 October 2011

Bunnies and Butterflies

ETA: Top 3 at Unscripted Sketches!

I must admit I was a bit stumped by Color Throwdown's challenge this week - blues and browns are my favourite colour combo but I've no dark brown paper so, after spending aaaaages trying to find some in my stash, I gave up and just coloured in a border round my image with a copic marker. I also couldn't find any of this bright blue, so had to go with a more duck egg blue tint.  Then I couldn't figure out how to get the pale yellow in, until I remembered this wee High Hopes sun.  So in the end, this simple wee card took such a long time to make, way more faffing about than crafting!







25 comments:

Claire said...

Fab card Lynne, you've done a great job with the colours. Hugs, Claire x

MagsB said...

How sweet these bunny images are! I love your colour combo, and the sentiment is just perfick! Fab card!

luv, Mags x

coldwaters2 said...

Another super card Lynn I am falling in love with those big floppy ears, once again the colours you have chosen to use are terrific so is the design.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Pat said...

Very very cute. Thanks for joining Speedy the Cats Friends.

Linda Beeson said...

What a seriously cute card, loving that cute bunny and great use of the Unscripted sketch.

Benzi said...

Way to use those Copics, Lynne...just color your own borders. And, the smiling sun is a real cutie. I think you got the Color Throwdown finished off perfectly.

Suzanne Bier said...

So CUTE! Love that bunny image and the way you added the butterflies to the "background"! Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches!

Crystal said...

So cute, love the colour combo and the embossed scallop piece too. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes in our "fave colour combo" challenge :)

Carol Hurlock said...

How fun and fabulous this card is. What great images and layout . Thank you so much for playing along with Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge this week.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Lori said...

Just adorable! Love how you used the colors. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Amy Sheffer said...

This looks fantastic! Worth the trouble, for sure! Great job with the colors!!

Marjo said...

Adorable card, thanks for playing with us at OSAAT

xoxo Marjo

melsanford said...

Awww! Such a cute card :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Jill said...

gorgeous card Lynne so cute thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

Tracy Heaton said...

This is so sweet - really well put together too.
Thanks for joining us at MMCS
Tracyx

Janeen said...

oh, i just love this bunny with the big ears and haven't yet purchased any images of him. thanks for the reminder. Thanks for playing in the challenge with Friends of Speedy the cat to not use designer paper. We appreciate you. Good luck.

dstandard said...

This is just adorable! Loving that bunny! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

rudlis said...

Very cute card. Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Winnie and Patty said...

What a wonderful card! Great no designer paper challenge! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

Designing with Debbie said...

How cute and fun. Great work. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week. We hope to see you again next week. Check out our new design team at SpeedyTV http://mfpspeedytv.ning.com/forum/topics/friends-of-speedytv-challenge-week-2

Jenny said...

How cute is this! Plus I love this colour combo. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Sue C said...

Hi Lynne! I hopped over from the Catered Crop Recipe Swap... Very cute card, and a lot of fun! Great job on executing the color challenge, too! I can see why it's your fave "just because" card!

Linda McClain said...

Ah, what a cutie. I can see why this is one of your favs. Thanks for sharing it with us at Catered Crop.

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

This is adorable! Love the colors!

Jane Wetzel said...

catered crop player here...what an adorable bunny image! Love your card!