Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Yummy Candy Corn

High Hopes challenge this fortnight is to make a Party Favour, so I had a go at jazzing up this sweetie jar for my Mum's Halloween party.  I only have one HH halloween image, so it was to be my spooky spider or nothing!  (I'm sure I had more but they're on the missing list!)

Inside is some Candy Corn which we don't get over here and I'd never tasted before until recently (thanks Patti!) so I'm going to bring it to the party for everyone else to have a wee sample.  If you've never tasted it ... I had imagined it to be a hard boiled sweet, but its more of a fudge texture and tastes of honey!

Coloured with copics and black stickles added to the stars.  I also stuck on some plastic bats to help hide my paper seams on the back.

PS Bedroom ceiling update ... still nothing from the builder.... Grrrr!

12 comments:

Patti J said...

Lynne, this is so much fun! I love that you used that darling little spooky spider, and the bats are adorable! Can't believe you still have candy corn left to put in the jar - the bag wasn't very big :) Great project, dear friend!!!! Hope your mum enjoys it!

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable Lynne! What a fun little goody project!

Anonymous said...

That spider is so fun! This is a great decoration.
I've never tasted candy corn but it looks yummy.
Hugs xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous sweetie jar Lynne, love the spider and the bats.

Many thanks for joining the fun at Cupcake.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Benzi said...

What a cute candy container you've made, Lynne. Hope everyone enjoys that candy corn. Of course, I've had lots of it over the years...makes me sweet. LOL

Brodders said...

Great jar Lynne:) Thanks for joining us at Cupcakes this week and good luck x

Debbie said...

Lynne, I love this

Hugs
Debbie

Mel said...

Mmmmmmm yum!!
I could really go some of that hee! Looks stunning honey! Fab wee creation!
Hugs M xxx

Laurel said...

This is really fabulous!
Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

melsanford said...

Fab jar! Love the spider and the fab ribbon :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Lacey Stephens said...

Oh, what a fabulous party favor, hun!! Thanks for playing along with the High Hopes Challenge - we love to see you here!! Of course, there is a new challenge today so we hope you will play along again!!
By the way, I have a Weekly Candy on my store's blog if you would like to enter!!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.cm
High Hopes Lead Designer
http://stampandcreateblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/product-spotlight-summer.html

Denise @ kc242 said...

What an adorable party favor. Love your design. Thanks so much for joining us at the Creative Card Crew!
Denise
CCC-DT