Sunday, 30 October 2011

Dream Valley Challenge #19

"Can you tell what it is yet?"

Now that you're all doing your Rolf Harris impersonations ... any ideas?

I won this wee kit aaaaages ago in a challenge and thought it was about time I put it together.  Its a new technique for me ... wool felting.  Basically you wrap wool round the balls and then stab them to death with needles until they all compact.  ...and yes, there were quite a few times I missed my target and spiked my poor fingers ouch!

Before I show you my, ahem, 'creation', this week's Dream Valley Challenge is soooo easy ...
ANYTHING GOES!
 ... you could win a £10 voucher to use in your choice from Crafty Emma's delish shop OR Saturated Canary's Digi's image Esty store!! ! (You've a fortnight to play along, so no excuses! - max 3 entries per person) 

So here's what that mystery pile turned into .....

I'm not sure if he looks surprised or terrified!  
It's not the kit's fault ... here's what he should look like ....
Ah well, gave me and Greg a good laugh  ... I think even the dog joined in LOL!

Other challenges I'd like to enter my wee snowman into ...
Charisma Cardz #43 - anything goes

16 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

He's really cute, shame on Greg and Ruby! Jo x

scrappyjacky said...

He certainly looks a bit worried....though very cute!

Susie said...

Hee hee, Lynne, he looks fab! Susie x

Patti J said...

I think you did a great job for your first attempt! I'm thinking he looks a bit scared that you might stick him with another needle! Just kidding, great job, Lynne, and what fun - trying something new! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Never heard of wool felting, looks something I would take ages to use too ha ha Love your snowman how he turned out, so cute and fun :)

Carrie's Corner said...

Your snowman turned out great! Sounds like it was a fair amount of work. Hope your finger recovers!

Hugs
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Well I'm impressed! I've always wondered what needle felting was and now I can see. Brilliant. xx

Jackie said...

I like him, he is very cute :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

LOL.....I love your Snowman felting Hi Lynne yes don't fall over it's me I'm back have missed my blogging friends so much, thanks for thinking of me chum sorry it's been so long for me to pop by, I hope you are well lots Hugs
Sarah x

Anonymous said...

Awww he is very cute but looks a bit scared, probably from the needles, :))
It's great you are trying something new.
Hugs xx

Mel said...

Just amazing honey!
I love it so so so much! I totally gotta try! Tho will probably take me months to do, ready for next year possible hee
Hugs M xxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

The snow man is fab Lynne! He's so cute!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Riet said...

So gorgeous Lynne.

Hugs Riet.xx

Linda said...

I was wondering what all that stuff was for.. Id never would have guessed you could do this darling little snow man with it.. Too Cute.. Hugs

Benzi said...

Awwwwww,he's so cute, Lynne. I guess I would be terrified if I was being stabbed. LOL Anyway, he turned out really cute. No, I didn't figure it out until I scanned down so it was a mystery to me for a bit.

crazyribbonlady said...

Awww i <3 snowmen! Thank you for joining our anything goes challenge this week at Charisma!
Emma x