Monday, 10 October 2011

A slight hiccup!

Now I know I was supposed to be painting our living room today, but we had a slight hiccup when this happened .....
Yes, that used to be our bedroom ceiling!
Turns out that one of the roof tiles had moved and all our 'summer weather' had been coming through, soaking the extra thick insulation that we put in a year or two ago, until the ceiling just popped!  So fingers crossed that our insurance company will cough up ... their builder was supposed to ring us this afternoon, but of course its now gone 9pm and we're still waiting.  Grrr, makes me mad why {most} tradesmen think the normal laws of customer service don't actually apply to them!

So after that excitement I didn't feel much like getting the paintbrushes out, and had a wee crafty half hour instead ... don't know why but I ended up making a New Home card!  Though I'm not sure how watertight the roof is on the tall skinny house if there's flowers growing out the top Hahaha!


This is one of High Hopes older stamps - coloured with a mixture of promarkers and copics and some stickles added to the pink bits.  DP is also oldie stuff from Papermania.

BTW, you should check out Charmed Cards and Crafts for an amazing candy!

20 comments:

Patti J said...

Oh dear! You really DO have an excuse to not paint today! Love your darling card, Lynne, and sure hope the insurance company comes through - wow, that could be a very big expense! Hugs...

Diane's Card Designs said...

Your card is sooo pretty. A perfect new home card. Love the design and colour.
I hope all goes well with the insurance for you.
Diane xx

Debbie said...

Oh you poor thing, I am glad that you are ok thougg and that the roof didn't fall on you...

Love the card.
Hugs
Debbie

Lin said...

Lynne, hope you can get your ceiling sorted pronto!

Lovely card and so much more fun to create than decorating!

Lin xx

Mandy said...

Oh dear Lynne, I hope you get it fixed soon and you don't get any rain in the meantime.
Gorgeous card hun, the image is so cute and the colours are so pretty.
Saturday was a bad day wasn't it hun, England & Ireland both out of the world cup, gutted, not sure I'll bother watching anymore games now.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our sparkle & bling challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Ginny said...

fab card. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week ;)

mulberry station said...

Oh boy Lynne, I can really appreciate your day. had on of those myself today. I am glad it is almost over. Hopefully, you will get the help you need in the morning and be able to get your ceiling fixed. On the bright side, your card is adorable. I love your darling image and the fun papers you have used. You just have to have a cat wherever there are birds. Right. It is super cute!! Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Jeannie said...

Youch! Sorry to hear about that, but your card is the cutest! Love the purple! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

melody said...

omy..goodness! i wish you all the best with getting your ceiling fixed!

wow..awesome card chickie..and great take on the sketch! i'm so lovin that stamped and colored image... beautifully done!

Heather said...

Ooops Lynne, hope everything soon helps this better.
Your card is adorable, love the colours, papers and details are cat is so sweet!!!
This you should alter to you sentiment to 'Good Luck to to your's to My House' and then send it to the builder!!!

Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Unknown said...

That is a really cute card, love the purple on your card.. sorry to see that ceiling!!! Hope you'll be able to claim from the insurance and soon. Hugs xxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Lynne.

Hugs Riet.xx

heidy said...

Oh this is so cute!
Thanks for joining fab'n'funky this week!
Hugs Heidy

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh Lynne, this card couldn't be any cuter!! Hahha, what a perfect card for all your going through!!Hope your insurance guy hurries up and shows up!! Thanks for sharing and playing along with our sketch at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Debra's Cards said...

Crossing-fingers everything gets taken care of quickly.
Your card is beautiful!! Love the color's and the image is adorable.
Thanks for joining in The Corrosive Challenge.
Debra...DT

Michelle's Blog and Cards said...

So sorry about your roof. I hope the workmen get their to fix it soon rather than later. What a pain. I think you chose a New Home card because of what just happened but its a very beautiful card. Gorgeous image, beautifully coloured in and gorgeous backing papers. I hope it made you feel a little better. Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Michelle SSW DT x

Patti P. said...

I hope you have gotten help with your problem....I hate to deal with stuff like this, we had a leak in our kitchen and thankfully finally have it fixed. Love your creation from your crafty time. That is one adorable stamp.
Thanks for playing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Patti SSW/DT

Benzi said...

Oh my gosh, Lynne...this is not good. I know what you mean about getting someone to get the work done and quickly. Usually doesn't happen. Good luck.

I love your card..gosh, that must be the guard cat...he's BIG. About that flower growing out the chimney, that could be a new trend in home building. :-)

Anne said...

pretty as a picture Lynne, thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts
Anne x

Mel said...

Oh honey! Fingers crossed the insurance company get a move on and getyou sorted quickly!
Love your wee card! The colours are girly and bright!
Hugs M xxx