Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Get Well Smooches

Hee, did you miss me?  We've been super busy in work and I've had no mojo, but I did get a wee visit to the craft show in Belfast to buy some new goodies .. none of which I've actually used on this card (but I'm sure I'll be sharing some over the next while!)  Not too many bargains about, and I managed to spend a fortune, but sure I'll enjoy playing with them!

I hope to get a wee visit round  my bloggy buddies over the next night or two, but there's a programme on Rome tonight that I want to see ... and pretend we're back there again!


  • This card is for this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.  I was inspired by the colour theme (my panel to the right is actually purple, but for some reason it always photographs slightly bluey) and I embossed my kraft cardstock to match the little cones.  I thought this would make a good get well card for a bloke, not too girly or fussy!
  • Cards 4 Men #9 - texture
  • Kaboodle Doodles #116 - emboss it
  • Catered Crop - get krafty recipe swap
  • Sketch from Monday Lunchtime #218 at Techno Stamper

14 comments:

Patti J said...

Of course, we missed you! Hope you bought lots of fun new stampy stuff - can't wait to see it! Cute card, Lynne - thanks for sharing :)

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Wonderful card! Love the acorns and the embossing folder used fits the theme of the card so well.

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Emboss It” Challenge!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hi Lynne
Your mojo is still with you chum, this card is fabulous!! a great make
Thanks for popping over to my blog, I was at the Craft show on Friday just the same not great!! but still managed to spend £50 on crafts items,I bought 2 of those Tonic border punches they go through card with no problem... and £17 at the Spring Cottage Crafts stall were I got a beautiful red/cream check homespun Tea Cosy and matching Hand Towel for my kitchen...
Lots Hugs Sarah x

nancyparker55 said...

Lynne, Great card. I love folder embossing & you've done a wonderful job with it in this card. Thanks so much for joingin in the fun at Kaboodle Doodles.

Jackie said...

Hi Lynne, of course you were missed LOL
Fabulous card, I love those little fat acorns :o)
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

Love your card Lynne and i like the embossing card. I hope you are there to stay :)
As for me no cards yet, still doing my dress and not enough time to finish it. But i hope very soon.
Hugs xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Lynne.

Hugs Riet.xx

Benzi said...

She's back!!!!!!!! Yes, I have been wondering where you were. Sounds as if you got in some fun but lost your mojo. Hopefully, that is recovered. Cute, cute card. I'm sending you an email.

MJ said...

I so love the font on that sentiment! What a great card. Glad you got that mojo back! Great card, thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Marie said...

Great card! Thank you so much for playing along in this SPARKS challenge =)

Debbie said...

Great Card Lynne

Hugs
Debbie

Emily Leiphart said...

Fantastic card, Lynne! I love how you pulled the colours from the photo!

melsanford said...

Fab male card! I love the embossing :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Michelle B. said...

Creative use of textures - fab! Love the bright colors, will brighten someone's day! So glad you joined us at Cards for Men!