Sunday, 1 April 2012

Emily's Birthday Card

Oh dear, what happened to our summer? This time last week half the country was tooting round in shorts and t-shirts, but now it's back to boots and cosy jumpers and frost at night!  I  nearly planted out my peas, but I think I'll hold off for another week .... I'm off work all of Easter week and my 'to do' list is growing by the minute!

I've discovered that I'm 'flower-challenged' as well as being 'button-challenged'!  I'll not confess how long I faffed about with it!  I also managed to use some flourishes, which was another half hour faffing about too!
I ran out of room to get Emily's age on the card, and then I remembered seeing this corner idea in blogland somewhere - just a wee nestie circle squared off at the corner - of course I can't remember where I saw it, so if it was you ... thanks!

Coloured with copics and some stickles added to her hairband, pressie, and skirt.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card Lynne!
You've filled every corner beautifully :)
Hugs xx

Jackie said...

A very sweet card :o)
Jackie xx

Trudie said...

Beautiful birthday card. Lovely colours. Thank you for joining us at MMCS this week. Trudie xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne this is absolutely gorgeous I so love that cutie image and what super colours and design, top notch card.
hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

A beautiful card chum, it was cold today wasn't it Lynne blooming weather!! lets hope wee get some warm sunshine for the Easter break, I hope we don't get snow!!! that's all wee need.. :) lol thanks for the tip on the nestie corner great idea this..
Hugs Sarah x

Benzi said...

Pretty flower and I do like the nestie in the corner. It's an adorable card. Hey, that is a cute Easter bunny with the basket of eggs. Does he want me to take them? I'll try. :-)

I updated Blogger....gee whiz! What a hassle. They had your blog and a couple more hidden..why, I don't know. I hate when things change.

Dotty Jo said...

Hello Lynne, what a cutie of a card - Emily will love it! Thanks for dropping by and leaving a message over at my blog. I wasn't intending to be away for so long but I'm still struggling with stress etc after all the troubles at work so many aspects of life are 'on hold' right now. Hope yourself, Greg and Roooob's are ok and that the warm weather gets back to us all again asap. Hugs, and thanks again for getting in touch, Jo x

Debbie said...

One of my favorite LOV images and I must say you did a fantastic job

Hugs
Debbie