Saturday, 28 July 2012

Cheers Brenda!

Well, did you all watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics?  I thought it was pretty good, and it would have been amazing to actually be there, but unfortunately finances did not permit!  I was down in Belfast yesterday when the Red Arrows flew over, and you could feel the excitement building in anticipation.  Mind you, its a good job I like the Olympics, it's all we've heard about in our media for months!

Its been a showery and blustery day, so between that and watching the Games on the telly, there was only time for a couple of CAS cards.  I spotted this cute wee lion stamp on Brenda's blog (aka Benzi) a while back, and of course he accidentally fell into my shopping basket when I went to investigate the Stamps by Judith website.  Isn't he hilarious, and soooo not scary!

Pink Card - challenges:



Blue Card:





19 comments:

Kim said...

loving these cards with the CAS! particularly the pink one! so clever!
Kim x

Claire said...

Great card Lynne - love the design. Thanks for playing along with Willow Sketchie this week. Hugs, Claire x

Benzi said...

Oh my goodness, looks like the 'enabled' got her goodies in the mail. I just love this little lion with the 'scared silly' mane. LOL I like how you spotlighted one on the blue card. Both are cutie patooties.

Hmmmmm....how can I enable you today? Maybe soon.

I didn't get to watch Opening Ceremonies...just saw a tiny bit. Ugh!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Patti J said...

Wowza, Lynne - this is beautiful! I love it!!! I will definitely be casing this :) Hugs.... and by the way - I loved the opening ceremonies....especially the beginning, with the Queen's sense of humor!

Emily Leiphart said...

These are so cute, Lynne! I love both versions and the crazy manes on that lion stamp made me laugh as soon as I saw it!

Jackie said...

Fabulous cards Lynne, and yes, I watched the opening ceremony from start to finish without nodding off, and I am loving watching whenever I can :o)
Jackie xx

Unknown said...

Both great cards Lynne! I like the image, I think it's cute.
Can you re-visit my blog and tell me what you think of Sarah's drawings. Thanks.
Hugs xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Lynne.

Hugs Riet.xx

coldwaters2 said...

I adore that image Lynne it is so unusual I really like the two different card designs and colours they both look wonderful.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

OMG, how adorable is that lion??!! And what a great way to showcase the spotlight technique :)
Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Lynne, i love this concept..i can see so many possibilities Thank you for joining us this week at Card Crafter's Circle!..

Jennifer said...

Adorable CAS card! Love your sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Card Crafter's Circle!

Anonymous said...

Just love this card its fantastic! Thanks for sharing with Willow Sketchie.

Kelly x

Sarah-Jane said...

Brilliant card. Love the lion image. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Sarah-Jane xx

Kathleen said...

Hi lynne
Fab card, great image
Thanks for joining us at Divas
Hugs
Kat x

Sonia said...

Beautiful creation!~ Great JOB!~
Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie. Good Luck!
-Sony WSC-DT
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

Great card!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week! x

Clare Brown said...

great cards....love how you have made one of the images pop.Goodluck at charisma this week.

Lisa A. said...

Oh my goodnes...your lion IS too cute!! He'd wind up in my basket,too!! Your layout and use of the challenge colors is wonderful...sweet cards:)!! Thanks for sharing your creativity this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!