Sunday, 1 July 2012

Xmas Card #09

Didn't get much crafting done this weekend, though the weather is still quite pants ... apparently we've had the wettest (or second wettest, can't remember) since records began.  Now there's a surprise!

I thought I'd have a go at one of these white based cards, wow they're difficult!  I added texture with my embossing folders and popped my wee girl and Christmas tree up on dimensionals.  Glittered up the tree, her pompoms and the wee stars, so its nice and sparkly but doesn't really show up in pic. Coloured my gems and snowflake to match her nightie.



21 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lynne
I have never tried these white based cards, but your is beautiful love all the embossing detail the image is fabulous and so have to get one of these postmark stamps :)I'm so sick os our weather to,
thanks chum for popping over to my wee blog too..
Lots Hugs Sarah x

downrightcrafty said...

oh this is gorgeous a lovely Christmas creation, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have 1000 follower candy if you are interested :)

Jackie said...

Beautiful card,I love white on white with a bit of colour :o)
Jackie xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is vey cute. Love the wow. Thanks for playing at WW.

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Lynne.
Love your tree and the image is very sweet.
Hope you have a great week.
Hugs xx

Barbara said...

Such a cute card - I just love that HAPPY CHRISTMAS stamp!

Pia S said...

I love your Xmas card. Few embellishments, but they really stand out, and a cute image. Clean and pretty design. Great work!

Benzi said...

This is very sweet and you did a good job with the white card. It's so very pretty.

Wish you could send us some of your rain. We have had less than an inch since May 25th and the temps are horrible. Saturday and Sunday was 106 degrees and we're still in the 100's.

Unknown said...

Great Card. Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Charisma Cardz Challenges

Kate xxx
Charisma Cardz DT

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne this is a super card I love the gorgeous image also the white background, super Christmas card.
hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Cute! I love your die cut tree! such a cute little scene you've made here. Thanks for playing at Party Time Tuesdays!!

Debbie said...

Love the christmas card, but it is so hot here, I can't even think of Christmas.

hugs
Debbie

Dotty Jo said...

I've tried and failed with white-on-white cards so WELL DONE YOU! Love the blue against the white, Jo x

maddymuscles said...

This looks so good, you mastered the white on white! Beautiful coloring too!

Trish and Treasure said...

Hi Lynne,
I love snow and Christmas and this is so gorgeous!! I went looking for this die Christmas Tree Die at the last craft fair here in Australia and couldn't find this tree anywhere... can you please tell me who makes it.. I'd love to buy one for myself.
Hugs Trish
PS Hi to Ruby as well!!

Judith said...

Gorgeous cute and girly card - love her ear rings!thanks for playing this week at fab'n'funky challenges hugs Judith x

Debs said...

Hi Lynne
I think you've done a fab job with your white on white card - the embossing is gorgeous and the image really pops.
Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this time.
Good luck
Debs xx

judit said...

Fab Christmas card! Love the image and the stamp! Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky challenges and hope to see you again! judit x

MagsB said...

I find white on white cards rather difficult, but I reckon you've cracked it with this one, hun! The embossing is gorgeously crunchy, and the image is such a cutie! Love it!

Also, thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox (your entry isn't 'my' number, but I don't see why I shouldn't pop by and say hi to people I know!!! Hee hee!)

love Mags B xx

Paper Panda said...

Hi,Saw your card on one of the Christmas Challenges I entered, love the cute little girl on this card - would love to know where the image is from
Mandy x

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful card Lynne! I love the image and your coloring! Thank you for joining us at The Squirrel and the fox challenge !