You may remember a while back I got to hold one of the Olympic Torches (here). Well we had another Olympic-themed day when I got to meet Richard Chambers, our very own silver medalist in the lightweight men's fours in the rowing. He's a lovely guy and his medal weighs a tonne!Anyway, on to today's card for this week's Paper Smooches sketch challenge. I had another go at the splatter technique and used some black, purple and orange watercolours. Wee batty coloured with copics and clear gloss added to his eyes and teeth. Heart popped up on dimensionals. Purple panel and heart embossed with cuttlebug spiders web folder.
- Layout from Paper Smooches
- Crafty Cardmakers #74 - winged things
- Alota Rubber Stamps #90 - halloween
- CAS-ual Fridays - embossing



14 comments:
Oo, you jammy blighter, isn't he cute??!! Seriously, weren't the Olympics just wonderful? What amazing sportspeople they all are!
Your card is great - I love the splatter effect and the heart and the spider web - and especially the little bat! Just adorable!
love Mags B x
Hi Lynne
Ohh'' you lucky duck not only getting to hold the medal but a pic and cuddle with the Olympian winner too hehe' great pic's by the way!!!
Now!! on to your card it is fabulous as ever chum love your coloured paint splats I can just see you flicking away!! as you made this :) it has turned out brilliant,
Hugs Sarah x
That is just so cool! You are a celebrity! Love your card, Lynne - the spatters are so much fun! Thanks for sharing...
Oh my gosh, look at YOU!!! How exciting. Great photo and a keeper, for sure. What an honor.
Sending big congrats.
Love your batty and I also like how you did the splatter tecnique. I want to try that. It adds lots of interest.
Fab card! I love the spiderweb embossing and the little bat is sooo cute :) Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our "Winged Things" challenge.
Fiona x
Lovely photograph and a fab card. Those medals are quite large aren't they :o)
Jackie xx
Wow you got to meet an athlete! Lucky girl!
Your card is very cute.
Sorry I haven't been much in blogland, i think i've found my mojo again and i hope it's there to stay.
Take care
Hugs xx
Ah he's so cute , love this little guy and the super embossing, great technique there with the spatters. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers with this fun card and good luck.
Marie
Wow! What an amazing opportunity! You must have been thrilled to meet him! And that hanging bat - be still my heart! He is so stinkin' cute!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!
What wonderful pics of you and the Olympian...what fun!! Your card is sweet, as well!! What a cute bat and sentiment...love all the spots, too:)!! Thanks so much for being a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!
How exciting, that medal looks amazing! ps, great card too, lov e the spattered bg and the embossed panel!
This is just darling!
Lynne - love this card and your take on the sketch. The spatter technique looks great! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!
SOOOOOO cute! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that bat!! FAB Halloween card! YOU ROCKED this sketch:) THANKS for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)
Post a Comment