Thursday, 11 October 2012

Butterflies and Roses

I bought some of this fancy rose ribbon ages ago and it's sat in my 'too pretty to use' stack!  So I forced myself to use it, along with one of my favourite Lily of the Valley stamps and this gorgeous DP.  I ran out of room for a sentiment, but don't really think it needs one anyway.

Coloured with copics.  Paper pieced small butterfly and die cut large one to match (Whimsy die)

Free choice of sketch from CPS - I used CPS114
Cute Card Thursday #238 - paper piecing
PaperPlay Challenge #31 - simply cute
Simon Says ... dies or punches
Papertake Weekly - all creatures great or small
Divas by Design #56 - anything goes
Top Tip Tuesday #87 - things with wings
By the Cute and Girly October challenge - Birthday

18 comments:

Mynn xx said...

OH SO CUTE!!! LOVE the paper pieced butterfly--the patterns you've used are amazing and I adore your use of the bud ribbon! :)

Brodders said...

Such a gorgeaous card :) Thanks for joining us at PTW and good luck - Jane x

Unknown said...

awww so cute Lynne!
You can always put the sentiment inside.
Love your ribbon roses.
Hope you have a great day.
Hugs xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable, sweet card.
luv
Debby

Ribbon Girl said...

It's gorgeous Lynne! Hello Ruby. Thanks for joining in with this weeks Papertake Weekly Challenge. Mary G x

Patti J said...

Ha ha...I'm hoarding a yard of that ribbon myself! Looks beautiful on your card, Lynne! Great work here, as always - thanks for sharing!

Benzi said...

Oh, so you have a 'too pretty to use' stack, too? I think we all do. I can see why this ribbon was in that stack...just gorgeous and so delicate.

Your little girl is such a sweetie and I like your paper pieced 'fly.
Darling card!

Have a good weekend...hope the weather is super.

Elaine Stark said...

Beautiful image, colours and layout. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Lynne, this is one of my favourite images. Hugs, Claire x

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Dotty Jo said...

Some cards just don't need a sentiment! What a sweetie and I LOVE that ribbon Lynne. Thanks for dropping by, I haven't left the country or anything but am up to my eyeballs in assignments and library stuff. I really am missing my crafting and am looking forward to half-term next week as I have promise myself some inky time amongst all the hours of study. Have a great weekend mate, Jo x

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Such a sweet card! I have a stash of that rose ribbon, isn't it fab?? Great job! Thanks so much for playing with us at By The Cute & Girly’s Birthday challenge and good luck!

Tammy, BTC&G DT from Créations LaDiva :) xx

Jackie said...

Don't know how I missed this cute card :o)
Jackie xx

Annette said...

That certainly is gorgeous ribbon Lynne, I love it. Sweet LOTV image too.

Annette - Netty's Cards
Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne this is a real little beauty I totally love not only that gorgeous image but the colours and design a wonderful card.
hugs
lorraine x

Unknown said...

Your gorgeous ribbon looks fabulous on this make chum
and this wee image is just to cute, great colouring as always.
Hugs Sarah x

Jayne A said...

Fantastic card. Thanks for joining us this time at Diva's
Hugs
Jayne

Deb said...

Beautiful card, fabulous paper piecing!
Many thanks for joining in the
♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
this week! Debxx