Sunday, 3 January 2010

High Hopes challenges are back!

I must confess that I have a terrible weakness for High Hopes stamps, so I'm delighted their challenges are back!  This little girl is the first HH stamp I bought - paper pieced her jacket, hat, umbrella and boots (I didn't have any markers to match the DP!)  Added some clear gloss to her wings and to the puddle.  Part of my New Year's resolution was to get out of my comfort zone and try new techniques, so I had a go with Distress Inks (antique linen) on this one.  Hmmmmm.... more practice required me thinks!
Sketch from High Hopes #57

8 comments:

Patti J said...

Lynne, this is so cute! I don't have ANY HH stamps! Wonder why? I'll have to try to shop. I don't have Pay Pal and that makes it difficult at times to shop - maybe that's why... Love your card - that paper piecing rocks!

Debbie said...

Oh how cute is this. Love the paper piecing..

Linby said...

love your paper piecing the design on the paper really goes well for the coat and umberella.
Linbyx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Happy New Year! Love your card Lynne, the paper piecing looks fab! Hugs, Nikki x

Crystal said...

This is sooooo cute this image is soooo sweet!!!!! What a great card!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Lynne,i love your image.
So gorgeous papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sirpaliina said...

Great card and so nice this image.

dpkennedy said...

Great paper piecing! Adorable card! Thanks for playing with High Hopes!