Sunday, 27 March 2011

Sniffer Dog



I made this for this weeks SCS Featured stamper ... Quixotic ... HERE is her original.
Thought I'd blow the dust off my watercolour pencils today and have a go at colouring a background as challenged by Make it Colourful! - I took inspiration from Annika's beautiful watercoloured sky, and used blues, yellows and oranges (though now I look back on Annika's card I wish I'd added purples too!)

Stamp from High Hopes; doggy paper from stash; ribbon is another unloved purchase ... I never really used it as its kinda wire-edged and is impossible to tie a bow with, so I loved Quixotic's idea of her loopy bow.

5 comments:

Claire said...

Hi Lynne, it appears to be kicking in now, I had problems this morning after I has scheduled posts yesterday for today. There is an issue awaiting a fix - I had to revert back to the old editor to upload and then back to the new editor to format if this helps. I really hope it sorts very soon. Hugs, Claire x

Benzi said...

Love your sniffer dog and glad you got to use that ribbon. Very nice sponging and an adorable card.

melsanford said...

What a fab image! Love the papers too :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Sandra said...

Fab boy's card Lynne,love the image you've used...thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.

Take care
San x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Lynne I so love this card, I always get excited when I see doggy cards, lol, I love the watercolored background as well this is a super card.
Hugs
Lorraine x