Sorry I've been M.I.A. all week .... its been one of those weeks (again!) in work (finally got my interview date for mid-April, this old restructuring lark has gone on way too long now!) and then today we dismantled our garden fence, put up new crossbars, painted them, got the old wood round to the recycling yard, tidied the garden, and picked the splinters out of my hands.... So I'm pooped now and in need of a wee soak in the bath! Hopefully we'll have the energy to get the fence panels nailed on tomorrow and if its dry next weekend I'll get it painted ..... don't know why, but I LOVE painting fences! I reckon if all goes pear-shaped with my job in work I'll set myself up as a fence painter instead! Anyway, on to my wee card. I'm blameing it on tiredness, but I should have had my star ribbon brad higher up and I also had a bit of an unsuccessful attempt at the bleached background technique ... believe it or not this is a text stamp - I think I should have used more 'watery' bleach instead of the thick stuff, maybe it would have stamped better??
Enjoy the rest of your Saturday and if you get a chance pop back tomorrow ... I promise to have a much nicer card for you for Dream Valley's challenge #2!
Challenges
Sketch from Stamp TV- Oldie but a Goodie #13 - Spring is in the Air
- Marks Finest Papers #45 - use the bleach technique
- Papertake Weekly - anything goes with the added option of using something old ... I've used this stamp from Shirleys 2 Girls I bought last year and my purple ribbon is oldie stuff from my stash
- Colour theme from Copic Creations #45 ... I used the yellow orange / blue violet choice

16 comments:
Love the yellow and violet together Great Job!!!
Hugs
Debbie
Your bunny image is really cute - thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!
I can tell you used bleach - subtle, but it works! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!
Your card is really cute! Liquid bleach on a folded paper towel makes a fun stamp pad. Just dampen the paper towel, not soak it.
Thanks for playing along with Speedy's Friends!
Fab card. Love those cute little bunnies :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx
I think this card is great! The bunnies are super cute. Fence painter, is that a job? lol
Hugs xx
Love this CAS but sweet card Lynne! Thanks for sharing with us at Papertake Weekly :)
As Vicki said, I can tell you used bleach: it is subtle, but I like the effect it lends to your background. Thank you sooooo much for giving it a try. I know this is a 'doozy' of a debut challenge for me to start with. It was new for me, too, believe it or not! I had fun with it, and I hope you did too. Thank you so much for playing with Speedy's Friends. :)
Ahhh. Your images look wonderful! So glad you could join us at Copic Creations ~ good luck to you.
Hugs...Rose
Cute little bunnies
Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie this fortnight
Good luck
Lisa ;)
Oh the bunnies!
i love these bunnies and the glitter carrots! Just super cute!
Love the bleach technique, might have a try at that!
I love painting the fence too and power washing the patio after the winter hee!
Hugs Melly xxx
Gorgeous fun card your bunnies are so cute! Thaks for joining in at Oldie But Goodie this week
Hugs Laurie x
Good job, Lynne! I've never tried the bleach technique. Such a cute bunny and carrot card. Fence painter, huh? I'm sure you can paint better than I can.
Such a beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie this time
and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca
A great, cheerful card
Thanks for joining our challenge at OLDIE but a GOODIE, hope you’ll join us again
Hugz Fleur xXx
Wonderful card!! I like the layout and I think your background turned out great!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.
Post a Comment