Thursday, 2 February 2012

CPS Anniversary Day 5

This card is for my brother's birthday - I must be stuck in a 'fishy' rut as its been a recurring theme recently, but he does have some gorgeous tropical fish and I'd originally got this stamp with him in mind!

Anyway, its Day 5 of the CPS challenges and I'm still keeping up!  Though I've taken HUGE liberties with their sketch today, so I hope it's still OK.  I had originally planned to put my balloon on a separate panel but then it looked too cluttered so I just cut it out and popped up on dimensionals.

Fishy balloon from High Hopes; cityscape from Hambo.  Coloured with pencils and stickles added to bubbles in balloon.


 

17 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

This is one super card Lynne I love how you have the balloon with the string and the background scene is terrific.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

A Fabulous card Lynne your brother will love this, a great BG stamp image too.. it's blooming freezing here isn't chum,
Hugs Sarah x

Debbie said...

Perfect card for your brother's Birthday.

Debbie

Crystal said...

HOW SUPER CUTE Lynne, your brother will love it!!!!!

Deb said...

fabulous card Lynne, love the scene and use of the twine!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Debxx

Linda Suarez said...

So cute! I love the fish in the balloon! Clever!

Anonymous said...

Wow great scene Lynne! Love the fish in the balloon. Superb card!
I need to get back to my cards, I have been so busy with my daughter in law but she is an angel!
Hugs xx

WencheP said...

What a wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Tracy Heaton said...

Great card - really cute. Thanks for getting fab and funky at MMCS
Tracy x

melsanford said...

Fab card! love the little scene :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Benzi said...

What a fun card! I love that fishbowl in a balloon flying through the city. I would love to look skyward and see that. This card is waaaaaay too cute.

Patrice said...

So cute! I'd love for you to link up with me at 52 Card Pickup, a cardmaking celebration...

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/02/52-card-pickup-week-5.html

Linda said...

This is just to cute!!
Hugs, Linda

DesignerDiva said...

HI Lynne I just love that little fish inside that balloon and also how you have mixed up the style of letters for his name!Gorgeous
Thanks for sharing with Diva's By Design this week and good luck in the challenge
HUgs Laurie x

Pat (mspfd) said...

Spectacular design and scene! Beautiful work.

Unknown said...

Love the fish in the balloon - brilliant

kitten - DYSU team

Jill said...

fantastic card lynne love the fish thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx