Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Greg's Valentine's card

Hooray, my new Paper Smooches stamps arrived today!
BOOOO to the Post Office who nabbed my parcel and charged me an extra £8 to get it back for customs duties!  I'm near enough positive that the limit used to be £18 but its now £15 ... and I know I was a couple of quid over the £18 mark anyway, but £8 to pay Customs seems a bit steep to me!  Grrr!
Ah well, at least they arrived in time to make a wee Valentine's card for Greg.  Pity I couldn't get a decent pic though!


15 comments:

Bernice said...

Oh dear - that was just a bit much - I haven't ordered anything from the USA for a few years now, but I used to order Cricut cartridges and never had to pay customs once - it must have all changed. Love your colour combi here,
Bernice (also in NI!)

Crystal said...

What a super cute Monster, love how you paper pieced him...soooo CUTE!!!! Sweet Valentine Lynne!

Benzi said...

Hi Lynne, just found out your card was on Speedy TV. Went over and left you a comment. Glad you played.
Sounds as if the post office is trying to ruin your Valentine's Day. Ha Boo!!!!
Anyway, you made a great card that hubby will surely appreciate.

Jackie said...

Fabulous card, very different from the usual Valentines :o)
Jackie xx

Altax said...

Lovely card!!!

Valentines Day Crafts

georgina said...

Wow Lynne,great card what a monster,he's wonderful thanks for showing him at Try it on Tuesday,luv Georginax

Lee said...

What a cute Valentine Monster!! LOL I love the paper piecing!! Thanks for playing along with my sketch at CPS!

Debs said...

love this!!..fab honey :0)..hugs Debs x

melsanford said...

Awwww, he's so cuuuute! I love the paper piecing :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Pauline C said...

Great fun and funky card. Thanks for joining in this week at Papertake Weekly.
Pauline x

Unknown said...

A fabulous fun card Greg will love it, sorry to hear you had to pay this much extra for your goodies from USA never ordered anything from across the big pond before, but your got your stamps in time so that's good.
Hugs Sarah x

Lisa Jane said...

oh such a cute little image
Thanks for joining us at DIVA'S this week
Lisa x

Ashley Newell said...

Very cute! Love the monster!

Stampin Mindy said...

Such a sweet card. Great little image.

Thanks for joining us at Little Darlings Challenges.
Hugs, Mindy

Debs said...

Hey chick..forgot to say thanks for joining us at Bling It On this month :0)