Sunday, 19 February 2012

Gretta's birthday card

Sorry I've been MIA all week ... no it wasn't the CPS marathon that finished me off, but another {bleepin} cold!  It's barely been a month since the last bout, so hopefully that's me for a while!

But at least it didn't stop me going to see Grease at the Opera House in Belfast yesterday with my sis.  And it was FAB-U-LOUS!  I've always had a bit of a thing for the film, so I couldn't help but love the live version!

This card was inspired by this week's featured stamper over at Splitcoaststampers ... Becky - here's her original.
I used a flower stamp from Stampendous 'happy flowers'; Marianne Design DP; Paper Smooches alphabet; green pearls.

14 comments:

Patti J said...

Oooh...I'm just a wee bit envious! Okay, a LOT envious! What a great performance to see! We are going next weekend to see West Side Story live. It should be quite good, as well! Your card is adorable, Lynne! I thik that purple and green go together beautifully, and what fun stamps! Thanks for sharing, and sure hope you get rid of that bleepin' cold! lol...Get well, dear friend :)

Linda said...

This is just beautiful.. hope your feeling better now.. hugs, Linda

Benzi said...

Another cold? Gosh, for sure I thought it was the marathon that wore you down. Glad you were well enough to get this pretty birthday card made. It sure makes me think of Spring with all those adorable flowers.

I knew it, I knew it.....I got snow to your house. My cards work magic, somehow! HAHA

Take care and wear that cold completely out.

Anonymous said...

Your card is gorgeous with some lovely colours that go well together.
I hope you get better very soon.
Hugs xx

brenda said...

Another lovely card Lynne.

It seems the 'cold' this year in one that keeps bouncing back, I'm on my second in a month and so many peeps seem the same. Hope you get over it quickly.

Thank you so much for joining our Anything Goes theme at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

Jackie said...

Beautiful card, very pretty colours :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card Lynne, love the flowers.
Sorry to hear you've caught yet another cold hope you're feeling better.
luv
Debby

Dotty Jo said...

Hope that bleepin' cold is on it's way VERY soon Lynne! Gorgeous card, those alphabet stamps are great... I'm so tempted! Jo x

Sonya said...

Adorable card...love it! So glad you joined us at UIT this week!!

Mel said...

Ohh honey so glad you made it and had a fab time at Grease!!
I'm still so jealous that you got and I missed it boohoo, but all booked up for Dirty Dancing in December, cant wait woop!
Adore your wee card! The colours are so striking and adore the happy flowers stamp!
Take care and fingers crossed you feel better this week!
Hugs Melly xx

Fleur said...

This is so pretty
Thank you so much for entering our FREE & EASY challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Unknown said...

Simply Gorgeous Lynne love all your detail it's beautiful... sorry to here you have another nasty cold hope it goes away quicker than the last one chum, Grease at the Opera House sounds like you had a ball, you take care...
Hugs Sarah x

Debbie said...

I love this color combo, So so pretty. Hope you enjoyed Grease with your sister.

Hugs
Debbie

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Lynne I can certainly sympathise with you I have had mine for over three weeks now and it just will not leave, I was all stuffed up again last night and I just have to keep blowing me nose, awful bugs. But your beautiful card has cheered me up I so love the design and colours of this one and those flowers, absolutely lovely.
hugs
Lorraine x