Sunday, 26 February 2012

Engagement Congrats

I've been admiring everyone's 'white' cards for ages but haven't been brave enough to try one until today, and I LOVE how it turned out, I'm definitely going to be trying more of these.
This one uses one of the first stamps I ever bought (and of course is rarely used!) - I think it's an old Stampin Up one.  Just stamped it in black ink and added some wee scratch marks to match the hand drawn border on the base.  Clear gloss and glitter added to the rings and diamonds onto the beautiful Memory Box die.  The white ribbon with a silver edge has been unloved in my stash for quite a few years.

Oh and in case I go MIA, its because I took a notion recently for some cross stitching!  I haven't done any since I started card making, but I saw this harbour town one and had to have it!  (We should take guesses on how long it's gonna take me to finish it ... I reckon maybe Christmas!!)

32 comments:

mags said...

This is just beautiful. The image is lovely and so is that gorgeous die.
Mags
x

Jen Nelson said...

oh love the WOW ...

jen xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Lynne.

Hugs Riet.xx

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful Lynne and I also havent done any cross stitching in years. All I need to do is buy a magazine and I'll be addicted again lol
Clairex

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful Lynne I too have never made an all white card as yet!! stamp and die are gorgeous, and love what you also did with with the matching border to.. gorgeous cross stitch scene, you will have to keep us updated with your progress on it chum, something I have never attempted to do, maybe one day!!
Hugs Sarah x

Anonymous said...

Wow love it!
The last cross stitching i did was may be over 30 years ago!
Oooh i think you should finish it by end of September :))
Now get to work! lol
Have a great week.
Hugs xx

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous WOW!!! card and love the detail, thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have candy if you are interested :) and a free software give away too

Jackie said...

Superb card, there's something special about white on white :o)
Good luck with your cross stitching :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Lynne and good luck with X stitch look forward to seeing the end result.
luv
Debby

Mel said...

ohh its stunning! I just love that stamp and the hand drawn scribbles just add to the whole card!
I really have to try this but don't think I could lol!
Oh you'll be awol for a while with that cross stitch, me it would be 5 years plus lol! Have fun
Hugs m xxx

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful ♥ Thank you for joining us at Bunny Zoe's crafts!!

Lin said...

Wow Lynne, this is gorgeous

Thanks for joining us at ABC for our Jazz It Up challenge.

Lin xx

maxine said...

Beautiful card thanks for joining us at little claire

Allison said...

sweet card
thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Shanna Shands said...

Love the white on white. Thanks for playing along with ABC Jazz It Up challenge.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynne isn't it funny how we shy away from certain styles of crafting thinking that it is something we simply could not do then when we try it out we wonder why we didn't do it before, lol, this is spectacular, the design is stunning I look forward to seeing more of your white on white creations.
Hugs
Lorraine x

febe said...

Simple and elegant! :)

best stretch mark cream for men

Benzi said...

What!??? You made a white on white card. It's totally fabulous. I love that look. The image is great. I need to get that Memory Box die..maybe next time I order.

Cross stitch...what a beauty this one is...good luck getting it finished by Christmas. I would love to do some needlepoint as I haven't made a stitch since I started making cards. Ugh! You'll have to let us see this when you're finished.

julie_woolston said...

What a beautiful card.

Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.

Hugs Julie x

Shell said...

beautiful card hun, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
Shell xx

Linda said...

Very stunning.. beautiful details.. Love it!! Hugs, Linda

Linny said...

A beautiful card. So elegant. Thank you for joining in at Secret Crafter.Linda x

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Lynne, so elegant .. and have fun with the cross stitching, never tried it, but it must be relaxing xx

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love the hand-drawn border!
Thanks for playing at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge...hope you'll join us tomorrow for another fun challenge!
Helen x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Oh I just love your card it is so pretty well done on using just white! Good luck with the cross stitch it would take me years. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's hugs Susan x

Lisa Arana said...

Beautiful card Lynne. I am a little scared to take this trend on too. Thanks for the fabulous inspiration.

Good luck with the cross stitch... I'm sure it will be beautiful when completed.

Lin said...

Wow Lynne, you have been hiding your white on white light under a bushel. What a divine creation! Love your hand drawn border, I was just thinking to ask whose stamp it was when I saw your text about it being hand drawn.

Thank you for joining in the fun at Lexi's Creations.

Lin xx

Georgina said...

A great card. Lovely centre image and die cuts.

thank you for joining Little Claire's blog challenge.

Helen T said...

What a great card it looks amazing :)

Unknown said...

lovely white card!!!! thank you for playing with us at ABC Challenge
hugs

Helen said...

Beautiful - very elegant.

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire and good luck!

Helen x

Donna Mosley said...

A stunning creation, love the wow. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's.

Donna x