Sunday, 21 February 2010

Cupcake Birthday

And finally for this afternoon, this simple birthday card!   Cupcake coloured with copics, base paper pieced, and loads of diamond ice stickles added for the icing.

Crafty Creations #55 is Stitching - I find it impossible to write / draw / sew in a straight line so I used the inside of a smaller nestie as a guide for the stitching round the cupcake.

Colour combo from Colour Create #38

The Treehouse Thursday challenge #37 is Paper Piecing

And One Stitch at a Time's first challenge is (funnily enough) Stitching!

And sketch from Get Sketchy #26


Right, I'm off now for a sit down and watch Murder She Wrote, and quite possibly have Forty Winks too!

29 comments:

Vicki said...

Oooow Lynne, this looks good enough to eat....lol, love the image and the colours are scrumptious!

Hugs
Vicki x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Lynne.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mel said...

Oh huni what a gorjuss wee card! i so love it, could really go a lovely yummy cupcake hee xx

Laurel said...

Oh what a great take on the challenges, love that cupcake! thanks for playing at GS.

Di said...

Beautiful card just love that cupcake!! makes me hungry!
Thanks for joining Colour Create this week!

Hugs Di xx
p,s i have candy on my blog please scroll down you dont have to do anything just add your name.

Dotty Jo said...

Love this one Lynne - gorgeous colours and really good enough to eat! Great tip about using a Nesty - never thought to try that, thanks! Jo x

Magda said...

Lovely card Lynne! Great colours and image.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge.
Magda x

Gina Lindsay said...

Yummy looking cupcake! Waht a fun birthday card.

Liz said...

Lynne Great stitching I love your card One Stitch At A Time Challenmge blog is stitching too so why dont you enter good prizes and candy too over there (under the current stitching Challenge) Please pop over

Liz xx

~amy~ said...

excellent cupcake birthday card!!! Great job on the sketch! Thanks for playing with us!

LINDA said...

Such an adorable card.. Love it!!
Hugs, Linda

debby4000 said...

Oh yummy cupcake Lynne, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Micki said...

Oh this is fabulous. I love the chocolate cardstock/papers. Totally scrumptious :-)

papertrails leaver said...

yummy cupcake card!

Chris (catt871) said...

This is awesome!!!! Very clever using a nestie to help with the stitching line...it looks PERFECT!!!!!

stitchy said...

Lynne, what a cute card..thank you for entering in our first challenge at OSAAT..good luck in your challenges!!
hugz
stitchy xx

Helen Dooley said...

Ruby is a cutie, the cake looks yummy and you card is fun. Thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT on our first challenge. Hope you come back to play again.

Liz's creative corner said...

What a fab card, great image, I also love your westie, I have one too, thanks for joining us at OSAAT, hugs Liz xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card and image Lynne, wee Ruby's gorgeous also, I see you are from the same part of the world as me,thanks so much for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you back again soon,
Hugs
Sarah xx

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Fabulously funky card! Thanks so much for joing in with our first challenge over at OSAAT, and good luck! :D

jjcreations said...

Great cupcake card - I love all those different types of candles!!!

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along in our stitching challenge at Crafty Creations. Great Project! Cheers Claire x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fantastic card Lynne! That sugar-coated frosting looks so yummy!
Great use of the challenge colours.
Thanks for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
Sharon xx

Liz said...

Beautiful work lovely project thanks for joining OSAAT Dont forget to check winners and next challenge on Sunday Hope you join the fun again

Liz x

Mina said...

fabulous card Lynne, I love the cake its yummy...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx
p.s. now you have joined in the challenge you can join in my candy for Colour create the link is at the top of my blog

Sam said...

Hi Lynne, I love that cupcake - it'd have to be a big one to get all my candles on it these days hehehe...I don't mind too much - I love cake. Anyway thanks for joining us at OSAAT for our first challenge. Please pop back on Sunday to check out our new challenge and see if you won.
Sam x

Dora said...

You've made such a lovely card with the sketch!

Sandy said...

This card is very yummy looking! I love it!

Spyder said...

yes!! veerrrry yummy looking card!
Thank you for joining OSAAT's First Challenge! Hope to see you Sunday for the next challenge too!
(Lyn)