Saturday, 6 February 2010

Siobhan's birthday card

I was asked to make this for a friend of a friend called Siobhan (an old Irish name pronounced 'Shove-On')  Its been such a dark damp and generally dreary day here that I felt obliged to use the brightest papers I had!
I paperpieced the cupcake wrapper and added diamond ice stickles to the icing on the cake for loads of bling.  Silver peeloff greeting and letters to finish.

Sketch from Create4fun #06

PolkaDoodle #5: Paper piecing

14 comments:

Nettie said...

Hi Lynne. Fab image and I just love the paper you have used to do your paper piecing. Really bright and sunny card. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles.x

Jackie said...

Fab card, love those colourful candles :o)
Jackie xx

brenda said...

Hi Jackie

A really lovely birthday card, thank you for sharing it with us at Polkadoodles this week.

B x

Dotty Jo said...

Such a fun and colourful card Lynne, Jo x

Fabiola said...

miam c'est appétissant bravo

Linby said...

ooh love this - great paper piecing and that sparkle really makes the image pop.
I used to work with a girl called Siobhan when i was very young - I thought it was spelt Chevaughn - because I had never seen it written down. Bit embarrasing when i sent her a card with it on!
Linby x

Mu42800 said...

elle est geniale ta carte d'anniversaire
bizz Mu

Vicky said...

Love the bright colours on this one. A fun card. :)x

Anne-Marije said...

What a cute card!
Thanks for joining us at the Create4fun challenge this week.
xxx Anne-Marije

katesacraftybugger said...

super fun card ! great papers .
Thanks for joining in the fun at Polkadoodles this week
Hugs Kate x

Kerry said...

Yummy cake. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along in the Polkadoodles Paper piecing challenge! Fab bright colours! Cheers Claire x

Tip Top said...

Lovely and bright card! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Fliss said...

Beautiful paper piecing card. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week.
x