Sunday, 2 January 2011

New Year's Resolutions!

(I've had a lovely crafty day ... so apologies in advance for the blogger overload!)
My New Year's resolutions are to eat less cake (not sure if this one's possible!), to make better use of my crafty stash and to re-ink some old stamps!  I'd actually forgotten about this cutie until I looked back on old cards.  And my little flower punch is also an oldie ... I think it was the first punch I ever bought.

And while I had this little girl stamp out, I made another....

I've used a much unloved cuttlebug folder on this one (not sure why I don't really like it!) and my ribbon was originally packaging on my Christmas PJ's from my sis.

22 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Glad to see her again too! Happy new Year Lynne! Jo x

LINDA said...

These are both just to cute.. Hugs, Linda

Lisa Jane said...

she is a little cutie .. reminds me of the film Oliver!
Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie
Lisa ;)

Claire said...

Lovely cards hun - such a sweet little image. Hugs, Claire x

liza said...

Hi Lynne,love it,such a cute stamp and fab take on the sketch thankyou for joining us at oldie but a goodie this week,hope you had a wonderful christmas and a happy new year
love n hugs
liza
xox

Fleur said...

Hi Lynne, your cards are all fab, the image is adorable
Thanks for joining our challenge at OLDIE but a GOODIE, hope you’ll join us again
Hugz Fleur xXx

Meg said...

Ah, I love this ECG stamp and both cards spotlight it so well! How clever to reuse the packaging ribbon, too. :)

MJ said...

Looks like you are off to a good start on those resolutions! Less cake, hmmmmm, uh == NO! More cake may be mine, lol! Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week! Great cards.

Francesca said...

What a Great Card with my sketch , thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie this fortnight and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

PinksyDoodles said...

Super cards Lynne.

Love your entry to Oldie but a Goodie - such and great image and sentiment.

Thank you for joining our challenge.

Clare x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining our challenge Oldie But A Goodie with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining our challenge Oldie But A Goodie with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Lynne :-) the image is lovely and the papers and embellies are fab,, love the embossing too :-)

Wishing you a very Happy New Year :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

uksharon said...

Cute card.
Thanks for joining us at CCC Winter Birthdays.
Best wishes, Sharon

Deb said...

what a wonderful image, so cute and fun, colors are great,thanks for sharing your fabulous creation with us at OSAAT and wishes for a terrific 2011
Deborah
xxx

Benzi said...

I love tips and this one sounds great but I don't know what blutack is and will have to find it.
I see you already have cake on your mind by using this stamp and image. LOL
It's really cute, Lynne, and a wonderful sketch.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Love it!! The sentiment goes just perfectly with the image!!

Thank you for sharing with us at OSAAT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love the springy colors you chose and your resolutions are great. Well, I'm not sure I won't eat much cake, but I sure know I'm planning to use more old and spend less $ on new!! Happy New Year and thanks for playing with us at Papercraft Star!

Angi Barrs said...

I love cake so much. :) Love your fun card. :) Thanks for playing with us at Papercraft Star. :)

Regan said...

Well lets now be drastic and cut out cake! :) LOL I love the idea of using old techniques and dusting off some old stamps! Great work! Thank you for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!
Regan

Kristina said...

I love cake too, yum!! That stamp is just adorable and I love the sentiment, gave me a giggle. Thank you for joining us this week at Papercraft Star!

annewalker said...

Love that card! And sure, i share the same new year's resolution this year, less sweets and diet, longer exercises, LOL

New Year is here so let me express my happy new year greetings to you and to everyone!
Anne Walker xoxox @
http://messages.365greetings.com/holiday/new-year/new-year-wishes.html