Sunday, 30 January 2011

An ole dragon

(ETA: I got top 3 at an Oldie but a Goodie challenge with this card)
So here we are, Sunday evening again!  Though it was a lovely bright day today .... feels like Spring might just be round the corner.  The birdies were giving it what for at dawn this morning and all my daffodil bulbs are starting to peek through too.  And its so nice to see the days starting to stretch .... I HATE going to work and home again in the dark!

I think this was one of the first High Hopes stamps I ever bought (now its one of the many!)  Coloured with a mixture of copics and promarkers and added LOADS of blue, frosted and orange stickes.  Popped the central red star up on dimensionals for a wee bit of extra depth.  Its a good job I've just tidied my table ... or I could be stuck in this blue/green/red combo for a while, I love those colours together!

Aaarrrrggghhh .... I've got 'Puff the Magic Dragon' stuck in my head and I'll be humming it all night now!

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the colours too Lynne, he's a great wee dragon love your embossing and punching detail, stars are fab!!! chum.
Yes it's great to see the days are stretching, nice bright day but I thought it was very cold!! but then I always feel cold lol' I heard wee have to get more of the white stuff in Feb and it's to get zero temp!! again, have you heard this too, I hope not!!!!lol' Hugs
Sarah x

Anonymous said...

I love green and blue together.
Your dragon is too cute!
Same weather here but today it looks like rain.
Hugs xx
Pat

Heidi said...

This is so cute! I love this image! I love HH stamps! Thank you for joining the ABC M is for Magical challenge!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous dragon Lynne, love it.
luv
Debby

Jackie said...

Fantastic card, very colourful :o)
Jackie xx

scrapperjulia said...

I love this dragon stamp! Very cute card and love your coloring!
Thanks for joining us at An Oldie but a Goodie Challenge!
Julia-Guest DT

Benzi said...

Lynne, your card is too cute! I love this mix of colors, too. What a wonderful and fun image.

I must tell you, Lynne, you caused me to run to see if my daffodils are coming out of the ground. I didn't go outside, but I can see that something is coming up...not sure if it is the daffodils or the hyacinth. Oh my, that is very exciting.

Our weekend was great...the temp on Saturday was 69 and it was sunny. Sunday, it was 67 and cloudy. But, still not freezing. Yea! Of course, the cold is coming back on Wednesday. Yuck!!

Mel said...

Hey honey

How super cute is this wee card! I love the image and the bright card to make the dragon pop! My wee nephew would love it!

I have you a wee thing on my blog hee!!
Hugs Melly xxx

Debs said...

Fab card Lynne!
Love the detail.
Thanks for joining us at An Oldie but a Goodie this time and good luck.
Debs xx

Jackie said...

Hi Lynne, it's me again. Thank you for your lovely comment on my sun ray card. It is an embossing folder called Sun Rays from Craft Concepts, sorry to say I aint clever enough to score that well :o)
Jackie xx

Lisa Jane said...

wow what gorgeous colours and a fab Dragon
Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie this week
Lisa ;)

Debbie said...

This dragon is adorable, do you think you can send some of that spring my way... More snow tonight into tomorrow followed by an ice storm. :(

hugs
Debbie

Linda said...

Oh this is so sweet. I love that image.
Wow what is it like in Northern Ireland? Here in Wisconsin USA it is snowing and blowing. I would love to visit Ireland someday. My mother was a Sheehan and her mother a Moran and my sister in law a Quinn. Your Ruby is adorable.
Anyway Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week.
Linda
I would love to have you visit my blog.
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

Kristine Reynolds said...

What a fabulous birthday card! I love that dragon!

So glad you could join us for the Sparkle & Glitter challenge at High Hopes this week!

XOXO
Kristine

Just A Pac Rat said...

Absolutely Beautiful card! Thanks for entering Stamp, Scrap & Doodle Saturday's challenge this week. Good luck!

circlebenterprises.blogspot.com

Francesca said...

Beautiful

Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie challenge and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Tanya S said...

Great birthday card hun!!So happy you joined us at High Hopes!!

Lacey Stephens said...

Fantastic card!! Super Design and great take on the Glitter/Sparkle Challenge! Thank you so much for playing along with the High Hopes Challenge again. We have another fun one for you this week - Valentine's Day! The challenges are no open for 2 weeks!! We hope you can play along again!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
High Hopes Design Team Coordinator