Saturday, 22 January 2011

Sweet Stampin GDT: Clear as Mud!

I've been racking my brains trying to think of what to make for Greg's birthday card that wasn't too girly or mushy and then I was lucky enough to win some Meljen Designs images from a recent scavenger hunt over at Sketch and Stash and I thought this image would be perfect! 
  • Now, I love it when a plan comes together - this week's challenge at Sweet Stampin is a colour one - Clear as Mud ... use brown plus one other ... perfect for my little owl!
  • Then I found this sketch at The Pixie Cottage #53 with the added theme of Who do you love?
  • Paper Playtime #34 is to use the word LOVE on your card.
  • Fab'n funky #56 is to use an animal on your project
  • Paper Sundaes are having their birthday celebration this week and it's a free choice of challenge, so I went back to the Sundae Toppings Bar from #44 - choose at least 2 from punches, ribbon, embossing and the colour blue.
  • Stamping Vacation - Animal Applause challenge - use an animal that appears to have eyebrows
  • Fuzzywuzzy January challenge - an animal + anything goes
  • Creatalicious January challenge #18 - Love theme + use a ribbon
  • Cards for Men #2 - Lets Party
Any hoooooooo, hope you're having a great Saturday and that you get some time to play along with us over at Sweet Stampin .... I'm looking forward to seeing your Brown+1 creations!
(Click HERE to add your project)

15 comments:

Jackie said...

Fantastic card, I would never have thought of pairing blue with brown, but it works very well :o)
Jackie xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, such a sweet owl and love the colours.
luv
debby

Claire said...

Aww this is gorgeous, great image and fab colours work so well together. Love the embossed background too. Hugs, Claire x

Faye said...

Lynne! Totally fantastic! Perfect for a male card and I love the image. xxx

Debbie said...

Wow, love the embossing, great job with Sweet Stampin's challenge

Hugs
Debbie

Anonymous said...

I love this card!! The Owl is so cute!!
Love the colors too!!

Fiona said...

this is adorable...such a cute little guy!!

fi
x

Benzi said...

Lynne, I think this is perfect for a guy. And, that owl is so adorable. Love the hearts...wonderful sketch. Of course, blue and chocolate is very manly. Great job on all those challenges.

Anonymous said...

I love owls. Gorgeous card and the colours go well together.
Hugs xx
Pat

Unknown said...

Aww!!! he's a wee cuttie love this owl image sketch take is fabulous love your colours and detail too, a super make Hugs
Sarah x

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Lynne,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Donnas Den said...

Great card, Lynne. Thanks for joining us over at CArds for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna x

Mary Lou said...

Lynne this card is a Hoot!! Hee hee
Love the colors~~blue n brown are my faves:)
The addition of the faux stitching is PERFECT!!! I love it too when things just fall into place~~SUPERB!!!
Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
Hugz

Ingrid said...

So cute, love your matching sentiment!
Thanks for joining our fuzzy wuzzy challenge this month!
Hugs Ingrid

Sarah said...

Hi Lynne, what a fabulous card, I love the cute image. Thank you for sharing with us at Cards for Men, good luck with the challenge xxx