Monday, 15 August 2011

Scrapbook Page #2

This is my second effort at a scrapbook page - how anyone manages to make one of the big 12x12" pages is beyond me, these wee 6x6" ones are scary enough!  Sorry for the really rubbish pic but its pouring with rain and a horrible dark old evening.  Oh yes ..... Summer!

I had imagined to get the whole song title in the pic, but ran out of room!  (You'll be singing Chick, chick, chick, chick, chicken, lay a little egg for me the rest of the night now LOL!)

The star of the photo is my gorgeous wee niece Alex in my Uncle's garden with his stone chicken - it used to live in my Granda's garden and I loved it when I was a kid too!  I'd used this chicken stamp just recently and it hadn't quite made it off my table, but I thought it would be good to use with the photo.  Popped my chick up on dimensionals and added clear gloss and glitter to the balloon.

18 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh this is really lovely, my son used to love chickens aswell lolxx

America said...

What a fun design! Great take on the MMSC sketch this week. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. Hope to see you playing again next week! :)

Mandy said...

Fabulous layout....Love the little chicken at the bottom so cute and so is your niece.....
Mandy x

Anonymous said...

This is a great page Lynne! Your niece is gorgeous and the chicken too :))
I find 12x12 very scary, a lot to cover, i prefer 8x8 pages.
Hugs xx

Claire said...

WOW Lynne, this is just fab! Love the LO and great embellies too. For your second attempt, its brilliant. Hugs, Claire x

Jackie said...

A gorgeous page and delightful photograph.
I started with 6x6 then progressed to 8x8 but in the end I found I them too fiddly and went on to 12x12. Give it time then try one, it gives you so much more scope for design :o)
Jackie xx

Benzi said...

What a great scrapbook page. Little Alex is just a doll and I bet she is going to be fascinated by that chick just like you were when you were little.

Rachel said...

This is fab, what a great photo and a lovely layout. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week. Wedgie xxx

Dawn said...

Love it! Great layout & pic!
Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad this week in our Cute & Girly Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Vicky said...

Awwww just so cute hun...!

thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin...and good luck...!

hugs Vicky xx

melsanford said...

Awwww! So cute! Love it :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Nadell said...

Beautiful job. Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and more.
Hugs Nadell

Laney said...

Great layout!!
thanks for joining us at Bling it on this time would love to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Claire said...

Hi Lynne, there is a little something on my blog for you. Hugs, Claire x

Tracey T said...

What a sweet scrapbook page - the little one is a real cutie! As a keeper of chickens I'd love to know what the stamp is! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

MagsB said...

What a fabulous photo - the chicken is almost as adorable as little Alex!! Love the stamp, too. Excellent job!!

luv, Mags x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Ahhh this is gorgeous what a lovely keepsake.
Diane :-) xx

Veena said...

Well-designed very cute!