Sunday, 7 August 2011

Xmas card #07: Distressed by Distressing!


Our new challenge at Dream Valley is Distressing!  I'm a total neat freak on my cards (pity that didn't extend to housework LOL!) and find it nearly impossible to distress my cards!!  I'd say it doesn't help that I probably don't have any appropriate inks to distress with, so I'll have to go shopping sometime - any recommendations on what ink pads you find most useful to distress with? 
Anyway, I managed to slightly distress round my main image and roughed it up a bit with my scissors and then kinda dabbed round it with some pale blue ink.  I guess I should have distressed my sentiment too.  Ah well!

So come and play along with us ... you can't do any worse than me!!!  And you could win some fabby prizes from Digi Doodles and One Stop Card Craft.  You've a fortnight to upload your card at Dream Valley Challenges #13 ... check out the gorgeous creations from the rest of the DT while you're there.

Other challenges:

16 comments:

Diane's Card Designs said...

Such a sweet Christmas card. Love the layout and colours.
Diane :-) xx

Carole of Brum said...

Hi Lynn, I love what you've done and it's just the right amount of distressing for this card. I use Tim Holtz Distress Ink (funnily enough, lol) for distressing, on a sponge or one of the special blenders you can get. CoB

Debbie said...

So, so cute, love the snow under those adorable snowmen.
Hugs
Debbie

Claire said...

This is a really jolly card Lynne. Hugs, Claire x

MagsB said...

I second Distress Inks. You can also paint with them. There are videos on Youtube that I found helpful, especially the ones by Tim Holtz!

This is such a sweet card, I love the snowpeople, so cute!

luv, Mags x

Khristen said...

I love how many different ways/levels you can distress, and I think you did this one nicely! I use any inks I have on hand that match to be honest...don't have any of those distress inks, but brown tones tend to make projects look distressed for sure! Such a cute card, love it!

xx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Lynne,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Susie said...

Like you, Lynne, this challenge was a big stretch for me - I too like neat edges and smooth lines! But I think you did great and I love the colours in your card. Susie x

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous, cute card.
luv
Debby

Ali said...

Such a sweet Christmas card I REALLY LIKE IT....
plastic cards
clear business cards

melsanford said...

Such a cute card - love the snowmen! I don't have any distress inks either but I have got a fave old brown ink pad that has nearly run out of ink - I always use that one :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Anonymous said...

I have trouble distressing things too. I spent ages with scissors on my paper and you would hardly notice, lol. You've done a great job and I love your card. xx

Mel said...

Love it petal!!
The wee image is so cute and I love the papers!

Ok I admit it distressing is SO SO HARD! Took me a few attempts to get it right lol!
Hugs M xxx

Benzi said...

Very cute and I love the bit of snow you've piled in front of the snowmen.
I don't do a lot of distressing, but when I do, I use Tim Holtz Distress Ink.

Vicky said...

Such a cute card Lynne.....

thanks for joining us at SnS & tpc....and good luck...

hugs Vicky xx

Julie said...

Oh this is so adorable!!!! Thanks for joining us at SNS this time around, Juliexxx